FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Obesity rates per state in america  (Read 5846 times)

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: Obesity rates per state in america
« Reply #15 on: Oct 29, 2004, 03:40 PM »
I've got the Xbox and the Cable, it is possible to do both...the key, moderation and a work ethic

archbishop

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2005, 09:54 AM »
hey reubenpa im 200# also but only 5'10" and anyone that knows me knows im fit as a fiddle thats the problem with those surveys they go by people BMI (body mass index) and on that scale i sjhould be between 25-28 and im 31bmi and it states i am 30+ pounds over weight so those surveys meen nothing i meen have you seen the kids nowadays they are considered over weight but they have 8% body fat

and pasquatch in our neck of the woods we practice 3x a day in the summer and from 3-dark in the season even out midget leauges practice non stop but then again we are always in the section 6 champinships

butterworm

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2005, 09:59 AM »
im in perfect shape. its called  round ;D

Pikeguy

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 10:03 AM »
I GUESS THAT'S BETTER THAN SQUARE!

butterworm

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 10:06 AM »
anything is better than square. :)

wormwigglr

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2005, 10:21 AM »
i have to say arch pretty much nailed. bmi is not a  proper measure of someones body. if you measure by this a body builder would be considered to be overweight. i know a little about because i just finished a dual certification in health and physical education today. i myself am considered overweight if you look at bmi's but you have to look at body fat percentage as well. i am workout on a regular basis and maintain a steady diet and being overweight does not mean you aren't physically fit. i have worked with children that are considered 30+ lbs overweight by the national height to weight ratio and pass every test on the national standards test, so bmi doesn't mean much there. height to weight as an average person but does not account for a person that is active and has muscle mass.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2005, 10:28 PM »
Just thought I'd throw this in there...I am below the big 200 now, I weigh 199 ;D 5'11.5". I have started taking my thyroid medication extremely regularly and never miss a dose and my metabolism is coming back. I was reading somewhere 5 million people are hypothyridic in america, there is 5 million overweight people that probably shouldn't be. Hypothyroidism is a problem that should have more awareness about IMO.

devil-man

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2005, 05:11 AM »
We Americans worry too much about germs, diseases, and calories.

If someone is eating so much that they're obese they obviously have their priorities screwed up. We have become a lazy nation! There's a remote for everything and that's what most people do every night- sit on their fat arses and watch TV. It's unnatural.
We are mammals that no longer have to work for our food.

My work helps keep me pretty fit. I'm 6'1" and 190#, but I know guys that are shorter, heavier, and in better shape than I am. It really isn't about someone's actual weight, it's about their ability to hike 4 miles to a good turkey roost.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.