FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHICKEN WINGS  (Read 14353 times)

BJ

CHICKEN WINGS
« on: Nov 01, 2004, 10:15 PM »
This is a quick and tasty dish. Par boil 5 pounds of wings for about 20 minutes or until they all float to the top. Then marinate them in soy sauce and plenty of minced onions. Marinate them overnight,turning them regularly. When you par boil them it really helps them suck up the marinade. Then grill them till golden brown and enjoy!!

bobberstop

• MFF Mod Team
Re: CHICKEN WINGS
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2005, 01:44 PM »
 Copycat Hooter's Buffalo Wings
We don't have a Hooter's nearby but I love wings. I found this recipe on the net & don't know how they compare but they are very good! For a large crowd, they can be cooked ahead, refrigerated & reheated at 350F for about 10 minutes or frozen & reheated at 400F for about 10 minutes. Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing as a dip.
1  cup flour 
1  teaspoon salt 
1/2  teaspoon cayenne 
1/2  teaspoon paprika 
20  chicken wings, and/or drummets 
1/2  cup butter or margarine (low fat OK) 
1/2  cup hot sauce 
1/4  teaspoon black pepper 
1/4  teaspoon garlic powder 

20 wings 

1 hour 30 minutes 1 hr prep

Combine flour, salt, cayenne & paprika in bowl.
Coat chicken pieces in dry mixture- reserve leftover dry mixture.
Refrigerate chicken for at least an hour.
Dredge chicken through leftover dry mixture.
Heat butter, hot sauce, pepper, & garlic powder in a saucepan just until butter melts - then keep warm.
Deep fry half of the wings in oil until cooked & drain on paper towels.
Immediately, place chicken into a large bowl, cover with half the hot sauce mixture & toss to coat.
Repeat with second batch of wings
Bobberstop

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com [url=http://www.myhuntingforum.com

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Hungry Mac  ;D

I'm thinking someone gave me a simple recipe once:

1. Deep fry the wings.
2. Mix Frank's Redhot with a bit of butter in a container.
3. Add the wings to the bucket & shake them up.

Anyone in Buffalo ever here of this?

Lindz
   &  Bass

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2005, 03:01 PM »
Now I'm hungry. 

Thanks for attaching some spices to that recipe, many times I have ordered garlic wings, but would I think to add it - nope.

Lindz
   &  Bass

Hood

« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2005, 03:08 PM »
Cook a habanero into a pan of oil/butter and use that for the greasy part of the sauce, add your franks and some Sririachi sauce (asian). garlic, pap, parsley, onion powder...whatever your fancy....Add a tad of flour to thicken the sauce so it sticks to the wings better, dont dare eat em unless they are extra crispy  :flex:
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

Chucker

« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2005, 04:20 PM »
Anyone else out there prefer Duff's to the Anchor Bar?

gudkatch

• when I yell fish on...GRAB THE NET!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Anyone else out there prefer Duff's to the Anchor Bar?

Duff's kick a$$.  They have the hottest wings and hottest girls working there :flag: :clapping:

P.S.  Don't alot of places use a little vinegar in there sauces?
The man who coined the phrase "money can't buy happiness" never bought himself a good flyrod.

Chucker

« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2005, 04:20 PM »
IIRC, Frank's has vinegar in it, which would lead most places to have vinegar by default.

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Aug 01, 2005, 07:05 PM »
Ah Yeah Good ol' Buffalo wings! Glad I live in Western NY. Deep Fried as stated with Franks Red Hot and a little butter mixed to cut the heat if you want the more butter the less heat but for me its very little butter. Also the butter makes the hot sauce stick better to the wings. Shake it in a big pot or coverd bowl and eat till the arteries harden! Also try putting BBQ sauce on them after the hot sauce and grill a little. Another version we have is wings with maple syrup sounds gross but trust me they are good too!
Cold Feet
Did you put the plug in the boat?

Chucker

« Reply #9 on: Aug 01, 2005, 07:11 PM »
I've noticed white wings popping up too - basically tons of garlic with a hint of salt, pepper, and lemon.  They are absolutely lethal if you eat them cold the day after.

ifishhi

• fall togue on a 6wt.....what a fight!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 17, 2006, 08:35 AM »
i use franks red hot and some butter a little honey and a packet of good seasonings salad dressing just the dry spice. my favorate is fried sea scallops and toss them in the sauce. man thats good :)

archbishop

« Reply #11 on: Aug 04, 2006, 08:26 PM »
mac, there is a buffalo wing in every corner of the US, ever tried any :laugh: absolutely hilarious, and if you say anything to them they say this is the same recipe from that "place" in buffalo, man they are so far off its not funny, heck ive had wings that were absolutely fire, yet called buffalo wing, and at another place they had the recipe close but the wings had less meat on them than 3" perch :tipup: if you want buffalo wing you HAVE to go to the anchor bar, when i want HOT wings i go to holiday valley, the hearth  restaurant, they use tequila, it opens the pores in your mouth and lets the hot sauce in :o man, no wonder there called suicide wings :tipup:

hunters08

« Reply #12 on: Aug 04, 2006, 10:07 PM »
If you guys ever get out to fish this way (cassadaga lake) you have got to try the wings at mays place on rt. 60 always jumbo and always very consistent on the flavores they even char them if you want,and yes mac they do have yengling on tap also!!!!
If i'm not fishing than i hope i'm turkey hunting!!!

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Aug 06, 2006, 01:41 PM »
My personal best wing ever, BB Kings in Memphis, TN. Wow, what a plate of wings and some rockin blues to go with it. What a combination.

Mike

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #14 on: Apr 24, 2007, 09:13 AM »
Cathys Wings in Oswego, NY is really good!!  Several great  flavors.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.