The Fisherman's Wharf > Recipes

CHICKEN WINGS

(1/5) > >>

BJ:
This is a quick and tasty dish. Par boil 5 pounds of wings for about 20 minutes or until they all float to the top. Then marinate them in soy sauce and plenty of minced onions. Marinate them overnight,turning them regularly. When you par boil them it really helps them suck up the marinade. Then grill them till golden brown and enjoy!!

bobberstop:
 Copycat Hooter's Buffalo Wings
We don't have a Hooter's nearby but I love wings. I found this recipe on the net & don't know how they compare but they are very good! For a large crowd, they can be cooked ahead, refrigerated & reheated at 350F for about 10 minutes or frozen & reheated at 400F for about 10 minutes. Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing as a dip.
1  cup flour 
1  teaspoon salt 
1/2  teaspoon cayenne 
1/2  teaspoon paprika 
20  chicken wings, and/or drummets 
1/2  cup butter or margarine (low fat OK) 
1/2  cup hot sauce 
1/4  teaspoon black pepper 
1/4  teaspoon garlic powder 

20 wings 

1 hour 30 minutes 1 hr prep

Combine flour, salt, cayenne & paprika in bowl.
Coat chicken pieces in dry mixture- reserve leftover dry mixture.
Refrigerate chicken for at least an hour.
Dredge chicken through leftover dry mixture.
Heat butter, hot sauce, pepper, & garlic powder in a saucepan just until butter melts - then keep warm.
Deep fry half of the wings in oil until cooked & drain on paper towels.
Immediately, place chicken into a large bowl, cover with half the hot sauce mixture & toss to coat.
Repeat with second batch of wings

Lindz:
Hungry Mac  ;D

I'm thinking someone gave me a simple recipe once:

1. Deep fry the wings.
2. Mix Frank's Redhot with a bit of butter in a container.
3. Add the wings to the bucket & shake them up.

Anyone in Buffalo ever here of this?

Lindz

Lindz:
Now I'm hungry. 

Thanks for attaching some spices to that recipe, many times I have ordered garlic wings, but would I think to add it - nope.

Lindz

Hood:
Cook a habanero into a pan of oil/butter and use that for the greasy part of the sauce, add your franks and some Sririachi sauce (asian). garlic, pap, parsley, onion powder...whatever your fancy....Add a tad of flour to thicken the sauce so it sticks to the wings better, dont dare eat em unless they are extra crispy  :flex:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version