FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: finally success at the canal  (Read 4250 times)

lavaman

finally success at the canal
« on: Jun 19, 2012, 06:30 PM »
i've been to the canal too many times to feel the pain of defeat too many times to count. i researched the best lures, rods, reels, line, studied the posts, asked questions but the dream of catching a striper in the canal was still a dream. i knew that right place right time played into this and if i kept being persistant it would pay off. let's just say this was redemption day. 15 stripers in 1.5 hours with the biggest going 43" and slightly over 30lbs. i had to keep smelling my fingers all day to make sure i wasn't dreaming. here's the money shot.

jtk2

Re: finally success at the canal
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2012, 07:08 PM »
Right on. Nice striper! Persistance definitely payed off big!
id rather catch nothing by myself than alot in a crowd.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2012, 07:31 PM »
Nice going. I fish the canal often and have much sucess. I am heading down for 10 days on the 28th next Thursday. I hope the fish like that stay around till I get there. Got a new tube put in the mountain bike and the rod holders go on tomorrow. By the way your studing payed off. you are fishing on of if not the best section of the canal right there in that picture. Scusett beach can also be productive if your willing to wade out a bit. I'll have the computer with me. drop me a PM if your heading that way between the 28th and 7/10. again congrats NICE CATCH :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

200fisher

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Good job, Lav, and a great pic! :thumbup_smilie:
“Half the people I know are below average"  -Steven Wright

FROZEN SHINER

« Reply #4 on: Jun 19, 2012, 08:31 PM »
That a boy !!! good for you now i need to get my first was down there 2 yrs ago when it was so thick you could have walked across them . i was hitting them in the head for 3 days straight not one hook up lol ... good for you i might be down there sat morn early if you want to meet up . depending on wind i might be out in the boat ...   ;)

ebour

« Reply #5 on: Jun 19, 2012, 09:13 PM »
I hate you! >:( its not fair all I got today were ten between 16 and 25 inches. Awesome work that one is fat, what did you get her on

sst4life

« Reply #6 on: Jun 19, 2012, 09:23 PM »
I love the canal takes a few outings to figure her out though. I love peoples mentality how they think they are going to the canal and are almost guaranteed to catch fish. Talked to a guy a couple of weeks ago fished for 14 straight hours and no fish. The only reason why he was down there is his buddy told him it was like shooting fish in a barrel.  The canal is a beast of its own. Good Job. We might have to hook up sometime down there. It is going to get slow in the upcoming weeks with the temps starting to warm.
I play with my rod TWO HANDED !!!!!

ebour

« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2012, 09:27 PM »
I would like to join anyone who knows how to fish it,  the big striper is a fish that has eluded me for a while. Leaving for camp Sunday, wont be on here for 4 weeks

JFeen82

• 4.5lb bow
« Reply #8 on: Jun 19, 2012, 11:49 PM »
Wow Kevin that thing is huge!! Congrats!

The Reel Deal

• Early Worm Gets The Lunker
« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2012, 12:39 AM »
Wow, great fish! Congrats!

striper50trout

• Fish hard, live long!
« Reply #10 on: Jun 20, 2012, 06:40 AM »
Way to go! She is a pig!   I don't have much luck at the canal when I go.  I usually fish in RI and I think most of the bass will be well north of there this year with all the reports of fish in the canal and Cape Cod bay. Maybe time to find a few new spots in Ma.

beantownfan

« Reply #11 on: Jun 20, 2012, 07:09 AM »
Way to go Lava NICE STRIPER!!!!!!! :o

MoreTroutPls

« Reply #12 on: Jun 20, 2012, 07:14 AM »
Wow Kevin, great fish, great day.  Gotta love it when good planning and persistence pay off handsomely!

Everyone believes in something.  I believe I'll go fishing.

TheDL

« Reply #13 on: Jun 20, 2012, 07:39 AM »
Awesome fish!
tight lines....

finnie

« Reply #14 on: Jun 20, 2012, 08:30 AM »
thats a nice striper!!15 in an 1.5 hours too!  and the magic lure was....???   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.