FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: sebago 7/30/12 (Updated w/ video)  (Read 3889 times)

61gun

sebago 7/30/12 (Updated w/ video)
« on: Jul 30, 2012, 03:06 PM »
Fished solo today.....5:30 to 9 (gorilla head bailed out)...landed 3 salmon and 1 laker. Laker was the best fish..weather was nicer today but i would rather yeasterdays weather for fishing.
Orange and gold top gun took 2 salmon, rangley took the 3rd....laker came on a small mooselok.....depths were from 30 to 55feet........does anyone know how to post a pic from android diirectly to the forum??? Thanks

gorilla head

• tbe back porch II
Re: sebago 7/30/12
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2012, 03:34 PM »
Fished solo today.....5:30 to 9 (gorilla head bailed out)...landed 3 salmon and 1 laker. Laker was the best fish..weather was nicer today but i would rather yesterdays weather for fishing.
Orange and gold top gun took 2 salmon, rangley took the 3rd....laker came on a small mooselok.....depths were from 30 to 55feet........does anyone know how to post a pic from android directly to the forum??? Thanks

There was a hole in my bucket, I mean wallet plus it is a long ride from mass to sebago just to fish a couple hours. (besides your on vaca with your family) we can fish anytime enjoy your kids. wound up working this afternoon anyway so it worked out. As far as pics I think you have to go to photo bucket you can still go from your phone thouigh. If there is another way I don't know how to do it. SORRY!!!!

61gun

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2012, 08:18 PM »
Headed back out tonight after supper with my son Lucas....we picked up four more salmon and they all were bigger tonight. Three of the four were 18- 20" and acrobatic!!! was a lot of fun .   three fish came on a green and white w/red stripe honey bee, the other was on a nh guide. They were up higher tonight 30-35'. and were caught from 7:00 to 8:00.
had a couple other releases but nothing there.
  When we were here last year 90 percent of the fish were lakers....so far have caught 17 salmon and only 1 laker, love it!!! Some of them seem to be a little on the thin side.....have been husseling to get them back in the water quickly.

61gun

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2012, 09:22 AM »
Wow!!!! went out again this morning solo..... was very windy, found a huge bait area....so thick that it was making the digitrolls read it as bottom and raise the riggers up.....lost track of the numbers but there was only one laker ( a good one 23" and thick!!!!great fight) and double digits on the salmon (lost count) ..best salmon was 21" and healthy. They ranged from 8" to the 21" with more in the 17-18" range than any. Stayed on that bait area and never changed lures(yellow and blue db and green and white honey bee) was a blast this morning!!!

JIGGIN

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2012, 11:43 AM »
Nice!

Go Go Get Em!!
Go Go Get Em!

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
Re: sebago 7/30/12 (Updated)
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2012, 09:20 PM »
Fished solo today.....5:30 to 9 (gorilla head bailed out)...landed 3 salmon and 1 laker. Laker was the best fish..weather was nicer today but i would rather yeasterdays weather for fishing.
Orange and gold top gun took 2 salmon, rangley took the 3rd....laker came on a small mooselok.....depths were from 30 to 55feet........does anyone know how to post a pic from android diirectly to the forum??? Thanks

Glad to hear you've been getting into them Mike! How much longer are you out there for?

You can download photo bucket right to your phone (if its a smart phone android/I phone) then just copy and paste the [img] code for your pic.
Otherwise alot of smart phones have a "share" option in the photo gallery....try posting that code and if it doesnt work I'll see if I can get the link to work for ya?

Good Luck out there! ;)

61gun

« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2012, 06:25 AM »
Hey Keith......thanks

We (family) r here till saturday. I usually fish for 3 or 4 hours in the am and an hour or two after dinnerif there is nothing going on at night. Put a day aside for gorrilla head but he did not make it up....fishing for salmon has been fantastic this week so far. I WAS Prepared for a steay diet of lakers because of the last few years here but have only pulled in two. No monsters yet but plenty of action.

61gun

« Reply #7 on: Aug 02, 2012, 03:54 PM »
Fishing was okaay this morning. 5 salmon all small except 1 16" fatty. Boy do Sebago salmon fight like champions. A 16" wild sabego salmon fights like a 4 lb winni salmon.....no comparison!! I have 1 more morning left to get the big one!!

anyway the 2nd and 3rd video's are the loons and gulls feeding around the boat......it went on for quite a while. Sorry about the quality of the video's
should not have filmed in zoom mode. Man those gulls were agressive with the loons during that feeding frenzy

Game officer came by for another survey.......gave him the report about the 2 pike I caught at the dock (23" and 25") man what a fight those two put up on 4lb ultra light spining!! may they rest in peace poor things!! Beatle spins work great on those invasive species!

Sinnian

Re: sebago 7/30/12 (Updated w/ video)
« Reply #8 on: Aug 02, 2012, 05:40 PM »
61gun THANK YOU for taking out the pike!!!
Sometimes it's better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open you mouth and remove all doubt ~ Abe Lincoln
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument ~W McAdoo

gorilla head

• tbe back porch II
« Reply #9 on: Aug 02, 2012, 08:11 PM »
I think you need a new camera man LOL I didn't see a fish in that net. Are you sure it was a salmon? nice pics of the birds.hopefully you'll have a better day tomorrow. good luck.

JIGGIN

« Reply #10 on: Aug 03, 2012, 11:38 AM »
Nice video! Thanks for sharing.

Felt like I was there.

Keep em coming!
Go Go Get Em!

61gun

« Reply #11 on: Aug 03, 2012, 10:22 PM »
Well this morning was it....last few hours on the lake were good, was a great vacation!!!!! Back home now but wish I had 1 more morning there!

Had to keep this one.....he was not going to make it. By the time I landed him and got the hook out he was spent.
My buddy will enjoy him!!

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #12 on: Aug 04, 2012, 05:37 AM »
Great looking Salmon Mike! Glad you had a nice vacation and Thank you for sharing your pics/reports!  :)

61gun

« Reply #13 on: Aug 04, 2012, 09:39 AM »
61gun THANK YOU for taking out the pike!!!

My wife and kids were not happy with me!!!.....

61gun

« Reply #14 on: Aug 04, 2012, 09:42 AM »
Great looking Salmon Mike! Glad you had a nice vacation and Thank you for sharing your pics/reports!  :)

Thanks Kieth, I have to get this video thing down a little better though.......they are long even edited!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.