FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: To the WHITE BUCKET BRIGADE that "monitors this site" READ UP!!!  (Read 6796 times)

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
I am done giving warnings.  From now on when I see 10 guys and 4 white buckets with small fish or over limit I am calling the Environmental Police 1st and the I.N.S 2nd.  There was a pond in my town that no one talked about, I showed up one day to 8 guys poaching fish with there $5 Wal-Mart poles.  They had a bucket of small bass, pickerels, and sunfish.  I made the mistake of telling them if I saw them again I was calling the game wardens.  They got into there Honda and left.  I check there often for the signs that they have been there (and yes you can tell).  I also reported where I saw them to the EP and have seen the truck pass by more often than it used to even stopped by one day and asked for my license.  From now on if I see someone ILLEGALLY taking fish I am calling the radio room and when the warden shows up I will walk over and informing them of what I saw.  It is my responsibility as a fisherman and an outdoorsman to make sure that my children can enjoy it years from now.  Below is the post from the mass wildlife site.  ALL fisherman should have the number in there phone so we can put an end to the illegal poaching of fish.  If we don't watch out for our sport no one will.

Need to report a hunting, fishing or trapping violation? Someone filling in a wetland or illegally dumping? Is there an alligator in your neighbor's house? Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. The Environmental Police (game wardens) are the officers with the authority and expertise in fish and wildlife law as well as boating, ATV and other environmental laws.

Come on bucket brigade make your move. Oh wait you can't read this post anyway... oh wait yeah you can you just play stupid.
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

deerhunter

are the fish safe too eat out of the pond?because i'm sure thats what they are doing with them. i see it on the ocean too. everything they catch goes into the bucket. everything.

MrE1979

yeah they are, and that is what is going on.  My only problem with it is 1. they take all fish regardless of size 2. they don't take the legal limit they take everything they catch and 3 they don't have a license.  If they wanna take 1 or 2 LEGAL size fish no problem.  But 2 or 3 buckets FULL of fish BIG problem.
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

ship of fools

not in massachusetts but i had a similar thing last year

while launching i watched a guy catch a striper, walk it up to the car in the parking lot and then come back empty handed and start fishing again

i got right on the phone with DEC and i think the guy knew what i was doing because he looked at me on the phone then packed all of his gear up and left  8)

JFeen82

• 4.5lb bow
What were they catching? Trout?

MrE1979

What were they catching? Trout?

Bass 6" - 9", little picks, crappie, sunfish anything that would bite the hook.  It's called fish stew....

BOULDERDASH

do you think they are going to fine the poor and hungry. I live on a pond and often see poor immigrants fishing and the EPO only stops at the boat ramp to give tickets to guys driving tahoes with bass boats.
Yes I could call and get the whole family on welfare with food stamps, heat assistance , cell phone, section 8 housing, free medical and discount college for there ten kids. I say let them eat sunfish and pout  ;D

Majors71

We have this going on alot in my pond. Nothing infuriates me more than seeing something like this. Good for you calling the wardens.
I would so much rather be fishing................. Than anything else

MrE1979

do you think they are going to fine the poor and hungry. I live on a pond and often see poor immigrants fishing and the EPO only stops at the boat ramp to give tickets to guys driving tahoes with bass boats.
Yes I could call and get the whole family on welfare with food stamps, heat assistance , cell phone, section 8 housing, free medical and discount college for there ten kids. I say let them eat sunfish and pout  ;D

Yeah unfortunately that is not all that is being taken.  I used to take my daughter to this pond and she could catch bass after bass after bass like it was stocked and she was feeding them hatchery food. Most were 9-12" with some bigger ones thrown in.  My friend caught a 6+lber and I caught a 5+lber outta there before.  It was a great place to go catching (can't call it fishing when it is a guarantee you would catch something).  Now you can spend all day throwing the whole bait store at the place and NOTHING.  No luck ice fishing it also.  Used to kill em through the ice.  So where do you draw the line?  After the pond is fished out? But it's ok cause they are hungry.... NO.  They are probably getting all the assistance also thats the f'd up part. If you see the EPO not enforcing the law call the main number it is there job to enforce the regulations regardless of the amount of money you have.

Majors71

If you cant drive without a license you shouldn't be allowed to fishing without one either. A laws a law. We all pay our dues to fish. Its infuriating to see people cleaning ponds out like that.
I would so much rather be fishing................. Than anything else

Jeffb

You can only deal With so much!!!

Bass to mouth

What pond was it, or area of of the city if u dont mind telling me? What irkes me is they eat LM bass and any size at that, 6lb bass that are maybe 15 years old.

MrE1979

What pond was it, or area of of the city if u dont mind telling me? What irkes me is they eat LM bass and any size at that, 6lb bass that are maybe 15 years old.

Little pond in Holden behind the Quick Lube across from SunnySide Ford.  I heard of a few pickerel being caught this winter but no bass.  :(  it was such a good spot.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
I've have seen this also. fresh and salt water. Same people doing this are the same ones leaving their trash behind on the shores and the water ways. Call the EPO's. Got their number in my cell.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

MrE1979

I've have seen this also. fresh and salt water. Same people doing this are the same ones leaving their trash behind on the shores and the water ways. Call the EPO's. Got their number in my cell.

It's sad.  Thats one reason I was so leery about giving out my honey hole.  I put the number in the bottom of all my posts.  I hope more people start calling when they see something wrong.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.