FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Finally got the boat out.  (Read 1330 times)

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
Finally got the boat out.
« on: Apr 13, 2013, 09:37 PM »
After scouting around last night for a few hours and finding quite a few ponds in the area that were surprisingly completely open we loaded the boat up and hit a spring fed pond with good largemouth this morning. The bite was slow.... all fish came on a gold/black Long A fished painfully slow. Got a few Larry's all about the same at 1 1/4 - 1 1/2. Good to get out and float around. Be out again tomorrow too, the season is on now!!'

Nothing special but great to see them not come through a 6" hole...

They all had a ton of blood staining on their teeth

haightdaddy

Re: Finally got the boat out.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2013, 09:59 PM »
nice looking fish! ive been teased all weekend by all the boats on horshoe pond when i drive by in the drivers ed car  ::) itching to get out!

Dispy

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2013, 10:00 PM »
Congrats :)
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

jibbs

« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2013, 05:16 AM »
Feels good huh?...congrats on getting out...I got into them hard today considering the water hovered between 38 to 40...landed 7...biggest was four...all on the wigglewart...thanks for sharing and hope we cross paths someday...good luck
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Streamfisha

• Poolguy on IS
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2013, 05:45 AM »
Nice job stealth!

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2013, 08:12 PM »
Thanks guy's. It did feel good to get back out there Jibbs... it just feels more natural when the ground is moving around under my feet lol. Hit another local pond today but put the skunk in the boat, between the wind, high currents and the water level being 3 foot above normal I just couldn't put it together, had a few curious taps but no takers. Stayed out for around 2 hours and when the snow squalls came I threw in the towel. When we came back to the launch a local cop was checking out my truck because he saw someone had climbed over the snowbank and out to the launch and he didn't think anyone could be launching a boat this early and figured it was someone up to no good. He was a nice guy though, he walked to the ramp when he heard us coming. He greeted us with a big smile and sorta laughed out "You guy's are crazy"... kinda brightened my day lol. Look's like it's gonna be a bit warmer after work most days this week. Can't wait to hit it again.

jibbs

« Reply #6 on: Apr 15, 2013, 05:04 AM »
Sounds like my Sunday trip...wentbtonthe lamprey and the water was super, cold, and muddy...tough to say the least
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.