FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dragon  (Read 5578 times)

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
Dragon
« on: Mar 31, 2005, 09:36 PM »
Ice is off! All that heavy wind today blew it off. I am loaded for bear and will be going on sunday maybe with a buddy from work. This is going to be the first trip to Dragon for me. Gunning for some 5 pounders......any of you boys out there? If I know you TGF you're cruising around somewhere.......Not done with hardwater yet?? Got any wisdom for catching the Dragon Lake monsters? I've done my homework.
Tight Lines
KRIS

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
Re: Dragon
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2005, 10:58 PM »
Sorry PGKris. I'm busy building my house now that the warmer weather has arrived. Saving my arms up for Stuart lake in May. Sorry no tips here. I don't fish there enough to help. I'm sure trolling a fly should work. You probably know better than I which fly to use. Good luck.  I'm not much of a softwater nut but when I go to my cabin in summer I definitely wet the line.

PGKris

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2005, 07:00 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( Looks like the d**n weather is going to shut me down :'( :'( Not cool. Looks like I'll be waiting for next weekend.
Where bouts are you building your new house? Hope she goes up OK for you. Yeah it seems that most people troll flies but I'm not much of a troller so it looks like I'm going to be fishing under an indicator or something like that.
KRIS

Sailing team

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2005, 11:14 AM »
I used to "troll" with my belly boat by just kicking around the lake. I did this to get in shape for treeplanting. It was cheaper and more fun than going to the gym. That jerky trolling seemed to work really well. You must be a flicker if the weather closes you down?
House is being built west of town and its more of a cabin. Good luck.

whiskey

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2005, 11:54 PM »
Not able to log in at the other place? I can't even log in ato photobucket, but I can log in here? I dont know whats up?

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Have you been a good boy Whiskey. Good to hear from you.

PGKris

« Reply #6 on: Apr 06, 2005, 03:52 PM »
Plan is to head for Dragon on saturday. I really want to try Mackenzie lakes but I can't be sure that the ice is off yet. I've been told West lake is off so that leads to the conclusion that Mackenzie lakes are off as well. Can anyone verify? Later dudes
KRIS

Sailing team

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2005, 05:48 PM »
Seems early but can't verify.

PGKris

« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 2005, 01:53 PM »
Dragon sucked. Not going back there again. I sat in that lake for 2 hours and didn't even get a touch! But then I got smart and went to ten mile lake ;D I nailed 3 nice 2 pounders and got them to the tube (going to take some practice using that beast), kept one, let 2 go. I lost 3 or 4 more mainly cause I'm not used to fighting them from the float tube but I'm learning! Later
KRIS

Sailing team

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Apr 11, 2005, 04:30 PM »
Come on now PGKris. A buddy at work was down there Saturday and fished for a few hrs in his belly boat and landed a 3 and a 4lber. When the fishing gets tough the tough get fishing. He did say though that they were biting very light.

PGKris

« Reply #10 on: Apr 14, 2005, 01:37 PM »
You mean in Dragon? Noone was catching fish where I was.....not a single person hooked a fish in 2 hours.....that's not fishing......stupid lake......I like to catch fish!
KRIS

Sailing team

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Apr 15, 2005, 09:12 AM »
Kind of sounds like Eena to me ;D I may have my days mixed up PGKris, it may have been Sunday that he was there. I know it was sometime over the weekend. He said the guy that wrote "The Chronimid Fisherman" (or something like that) was there and was hammering them. So he moved a little closer to him to see what he was using. Didn't see though. Said it was very cold in his 3mm waders. A buddy who lives there tells me that in the spring hundreds of Europeans flock there to catch a big one. They do catch alot of fish there. Maybe you just had an off day. And remember a 6lb rainbow is hard to catch when compared to a little 3lber.

PGKris

« Reply #12 on: Apr 15, 2005, 01:39 PM »
LOL Does sound like Eena doesn't it? Ice off there yet? Probably not wuite yet eh? Nice and close to home.....might want to wander by this weekend. Dragon stinks.....always kind of held it in speculation....now I know......it's a lake we use to sucker the tourists to so they stay away from the good lakes... ;D
KRIS

Sailing team

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Apr 17, 2005, 09:08 PM »
Sssshhhh. Don't let them in on it. ;D

PGKris

« Reply #14 on: Apr 18, 2005, 10:40 AM »
Got to Ten Mile again sunday.....Dragon was too windy......it was really slow......we only got one fish all day right on the bottom with a micro leech. I tried everything; dragons, chronnys, bloodworms...leeches.....boatmen..... couldn't nail a d**n thing. I had one good hit on a chronomid and one good hit while trolling a leech. Couldn't figure out what they were hitting on......it was a little too windy and maybe not sunny enough for a hatch to start going :-\ Tough luck!
KRIS

Sailing team

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.