FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: lund vs princecraft  (Read 10740 times)

chris458wm

lund vs princecraft
« on: Apr 16, 2013, 06:07 PM »
Does anyone have or know someone who has a Crestliner Sportsman 1250 or 1450 deep V boat?  The prices look pretty decent but am wondering if they are as good as they look.  I want to restrict this discussion to these two models because they both fit my needs perfectly.

fontona19

Re: lund vs princecraft
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2013, 08:11 PM »
I own the 1450 deep V. I have had it the past 2 years and have no complaints. To be honest, I don't take great care of it (spent last two winters uncovered with and upside down canoe over it), and there is still no leaks. I also have no issues with running it on to the shore to go ashore, and it has taken my abuse in stride.

Do you have any specific questions, or just of the overall quality.

chris458wm

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2013, 08:46 PM »
I was wondering how well constructed it is compared to other brands.  I also am trying to figure out which is a better set up, the walk through or non-walk through. 

d4ng3r3ux

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2013, 04:34 AM »
It is time to change my boat,  there are two boats im looking at right now princecraft resorter dlx bt or the lund 1600 tiller.
Both in the same price range with 40hp, I want your advice on witch one is a better build, best handling, looks and better seller.
Thx

eyedoktr

« Reply #4 on: Sep 12, 2013, 05:36 AM »
I have spent many hours in both brands of boats. I own a Lund but would be very happy owning a Princecraft. The fit and finish seems very similar. Granted, I was fishing in different models than you are looking at but they were still produced by the same companies.

If I were you, I would find a dealer that has great service and is convenient to you and go with whichever brand they sell.
Pete Lewis

princecraft

« Reply #5 on: Sep 12, 2013, 06:23 AM »
I have owned a Princecraft since 1998 and have found nothing wrong with it.  I know Lund makes a great boat, but because of the price difference back then I chose the Princecraft.  I would look at rod storage and see which one suits you the best and go that way.  Here in Northern Indiana you see quite a few Lunds but very few Princecraft's. Good luck on your choice.

threeten

• I fish,therefore,I lie!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2013, 06:46 AM »
I agree with the eyedoktr on finding a dealer near by or the one that would be the most convenient to get service. good luck and tight lines

stripernut

« Reply #7 on: Sep 12, 2013, 06:50 AM »
I have fished out of both and both are great boats. If you find everything else equal, I would look at the resale on Lunds, they seem to hold there value better, weather it is justified or not...

robbi

« Reply #8 on: Sep 12, 2013, 04:17 PM »
I own a Lund and couldn't be happier even though it's older.  My fishing buddy owns a princecraft and he loves it!  I think they are both great choices, so I'd be with the crowd that says go for the more convenient dealer/service.  With that said, I'd look at accessories and what they cost for each model....if both will take generic accessories that you will undoubtly  be putting on/in the boat......no problem.....if you have to buy brand specific things.......those prices could vary quite a bit. 

Bottom line.........If I were buying a boat today I would have no problem buying a Lund, Princecraft, Smokercraft or Crestliner.........because they are all good solid equipment.........

robbi

« Reply #9 on: Sep 12, 2013, 04:18 PM »
Oh........It would be hard to say who catches more walleyes......me or Josh........so I guess boat doesn't matter in that aspect.......LOL ;D

panfisherman

« Reply #10 on: Sep 12, 2013, 05:48 PM »
They both look like nice boats. Have you looked at the Lowe Angler 16T. I have one and really like mine. 16 ft 76 " beam. Has 4 seat bases. .90 hull. I only have the 25 HP on mine but will take a 40 HP.

d4ng3r3ux

« Reply #11 on: Sep 12, 2013, 10:03 PM »
For customers service both are great and the dealers are only 10min from my place.
I looked at the lowe but dont want to go welded.
So I will try to see who will be able to get me the best financing,
For equipement it is all generic except for the tarp. Will try to get the minnkota ipilot installed.

robbi

« Reply #12 on: Sep 13, 2013, 10:21 AM »
Just put on a Terrova w/I-pilot this year.......what a friggin difference in boat handling.  It's a whole new game......you won't be disappointed for sure.  Went with the Terrova because of the remote and foot pedal.....vs the Powerdrive with only the remote.

Hope you find the best deal and get it on the water soon.......

Sinnian

« Reply #13 on: Sep 13, 2013, 10:38 AM »
Play the dealers off of each other!
Sometimes it's better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open you mouth and remove all doubt ~ Abe Lincoln
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument ~W McAdoo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.