FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What kind?  (Read 1906 times)

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
What kind?
« on: May 15, 2013, 08:16 PM »
My buddy hooked this in the little 2-3 acre reservoir behind my house while we were fishing bass and pan fish... Is it a brook trout? Was about 10"s and pretty chunky.

H82LUZ

• Wishin I was fishin!
Re: What kind?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 08:18 PM »
Yup, nice little brookie too.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 08:19 PM »
Thats what it is... Nice...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 08:34 PM »
OK, thought so but wasn't sure. Thanks fellas.  This is the second time this week he's caught a trout on a crankbait fishing for bass, he got a 14" rainbow Saturday...

AquaAssassin

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 07:20 AM »
Brookie for sure, the blue halos around the red dots are a dead giveaway, also on the tops of the backs the spots turn into squiggly lines.
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 10:47 AM »
I assume this is a stocked fish? This place is literally only the size of a football field and didn't think the state would stock it... The only access to it is through mine or 4 other neighbors yards. It doesn't even have a name that I'm aware of... I've lived on it for 37 years.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Brookie for sure, the blue halos around the red dots are a dead giveaway, also on the tops of the backs the spots turn into squiggly lines.

And it has light markings over a darker background vs. browns and rainbows which are the opposite.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

H82LUZ

• Wishin I was fishin!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 03:54 PM »
Maybe one of your fellow neighbors put him in there a while ago.......maybe.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 05:45 PM »
Maybe one of your fellow neighbors put him in there a while ago.......maybe.

That was my thought, unless there is a stocked stream that dumps in
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.