FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Boat body work recommendations  (Read 1479 times)

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
Boat body work recommendations
« on: May 28, 2013, 09:52 PM »
Looking for a place that does good fiberglass and paint repair in southern NH. Most of you know the storms got pretty rough in the north country this weekend... Umbagog had 3 foot rollers all weekend and one of them got my boat... Put a few hundred gallons over the transom in one shot and swamped it while it was tied up on the shore in front of the campsite. We managed to get it spun around by hand and face the bow into the waves while bailing it out but it got bounced off the rocks pretty badly for 15-20 minutes while we bailed until it could wallow it's way to a small cove under it's own power and has some pretty significant glass damage to the bottom and starboard side of the hull. So if anyone knows of a good place, please let me know. Thanks

Dispy

Re: Boat body work recommendations
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 10:46 PM »
Looking for a place that does good fiberglass and paint repair in southern NH. Most of you know the storms got pretty rough in the north country this weekend... Umbagog had 3 foot rollers all weekend and one of them got my boat... Put a few hundred gallons over the transom in one shot and swamped it while it was tied up on the shore in front of the campsite. We managed to get it spun around by hand and face the bow into the waves while bailing it out but it got bounced off the rocks pretty badly for 15-20 minutes while we bailed until it could wallow it's way to a small cove under it's own power and has some pretty significant glass damage to the bottom and starboard side of the hull. So if anyone knows of a good place, please let me know. Thanks
Gilford is the best place around, I will dig up his number. I realize you are looking for southern NH. But my experience has taken me to this particular place. It will be a few days, but I will procure the number for you if it is still needed. Been there man, pinned on Horses point on WinniSquam for 5 hours.....terrible.
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Rick@BBW

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 03:25 PM »
Not sure what area you are in , But Adams Marine Repair in Goshen NH is one of the better more reasonable guys in this area - and he is busy like anyone else in the marine world so a quick turnaround might be an issue , Best bet is to get it sealed up for now and have the cosmetics repaired in the off season.
 Rick
Never leav'em to find'em

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 04:55 PM »
Thanks guys, adjuster comes tomorrow.

jibbs

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 05:45 PM »
Sorry to hear that stealth...wind must of been crazy
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 06:12 PM »
The guy at the camp store said gusts reached 35 Saturday afternoon, all the state docks sank and the gas pump was in 6 inches of water Monday... Lake must have risen 12-14" over the weekend. Good Times

NHAngler

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 06:01 AM »
Skips Marine in Merrimack is good with glass and fabric. I will be bringing my boat there soon for a couple of gel coat touch ups.
Confidence catches fish! The rest of it is just there to keep us busy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.