FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: shifting problem  (Read 1840 times)

daffydone

shifting problem
« on: Apr 13, 2006, 02:34 PM »
well guys , I just replaced the water pump in my johnson 9.9, and it won't shift, it is stuck in foward and won't go any further, just wondering if anyone knows what i did wrong, and how I could fix this problem? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
                                                                                      paul

Capt. Travis

Re: shifting problem
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2006, 07:26 AM »
It sounds as though you do not have the linkage lined up properly when you reinstalled the lower unit.   I would suggest removing it and trying again.     Somethings lodged.    I'm not familiar with that particular engine, but you can purchase a SELOC book for that model at most any boating store...   It has a picture narative that will walk you through a proper reinstall.    Good luck with the fix.
You know that tickle in the bottom of your stomach when the land fades to a thin black sliver and winks out of sight altogether.... Yea, I'll have some more of that.

daffydone

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2006, 09:25 PM »
I think I have the problem fixed, I am not quite sure how I did it though,I just kept messing with it until I got it to work. thanks for the info, it was much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capt. Travis

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2006, 06:59 AM »
Glad to hear your back in action!   Now go catch some fish and tell us all about it!
You know that tickle in the bottom of your stomach when the land fades to a thin black sliver and winks out of sight altogether.... Yea, I'll have some more of that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.