FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dont Buy Cabelas  (Read 9152 times)

Baitbucket

Re: Dont Buy Cabelas
« Reply #15 on: Nov 03, 2013, 12:14 PM »
Cabelas is know for a quality product.

I purchased these boot because they were Cabelas brand and had a lifetime guarantee..

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #16 on: Nov 04, 2013, 12:34 PM »
If it were possible you could order a new pair of boots and pay with a expired credit card or outdated check and when they complain you tell them that the card/check were past their guaranteed "lifetime", and that you'll do them a favor and send a good payment for 50% of what the boots cost......and then ask them if they like it when they're getting screwed!!!

Of course this wouldn't work because they have to get paid up front before you would get anything, but it feels good just thinking about it.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

Baitbucket

« Reply #17 on: Nov 04, 2013, 01:09 PM »
LOL that would be funny.

Reminds me of a story of a buddy of mine who put in a call to the phone company. They gave him a window of 3-6hrs between noon and 6pm.

When the guy got there and got up on the roof, he pulled the ladder down, and told the guy he would be back in 3-6 hrs lol

bee

« Reply #18 on: Nov 04, 2013, 02:24 PM »
My LLB jacket had a worn cuff. I now have a new replacement.
Hookum & Cookum Otherwise Releaseum

McJake

« Reply #19 on: Nov 04, 2013, 10:41 PM »
My LLB jacket had a worn cuff. I now have a new replacement.
My LLB camo bag ($35) zips closed and has a rubberized inner liner.   I must have placed a rag in it that had some petroleum residue.  The rubberized inner liner started to disintegrate.  I brought it back and they replaced it on the spot.

I am currently working as a computer consultant at their Order Fulfillment Center up in Freeport.  As a result I have gained some insight into what it takes to earn customer loyalty by providing extra ordinary service.

Now if I could only find out where the slabs are around Brunswick Maine. ;D

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
« Reply #20 on: Nov 05, 2013, 06:22 AM »
Cabela's 100% waterproof winter pak boots! At least that's what they said on them! Leaked on the first day of slush! I called to return and they told me the boots were 100% waterproof until the materials get saturated!!!!!!! Are you kidding me??!!  Nope that's what it said in his computer! So in theory, my slippers are waterproof until I get them WET! LOL! I was able to get a full refund. :-)

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

Stealth

• Just a GOD to the end
« Reply #21 on: Nov 05, 2013, 06:58 AM »
Stripernut, Alan, and I were discussing this the other day while fishing.  LL Bean sets the standard for customer service.  Alan explained that they adopted the Orvis model.  Either way they are there without the nonsense to help. I guess one can always expect that if something can go wrong it will.  I get that but I want the company to be there for me when it does.  Whether it's a $2 item or a $200 item or more just be there for us.  Don't you just love it when you know the rep is just reading the standard written response back to ya? I told Alan when I get a customer service rep that is not cooperative  I usually ask them what they would expect if this was happening to them personally.  There is always that pause, the silence....... you know they are processing that moment.  It often seems to help.  Will, thanks for the heads up on the lifetime warranty issues.  

We GODs have a senior center warranty: We're guaranteed to shrink, stink, bubble up or boil over and if we fall down we can't get back up.  At least you know where we stand if we haven't already fallen down.   :cookoo:

Won't be long, let the insanity begin.  :clapping:
If you have great friends, taunt them..... endlessly. Even if you don't have good friends taunt them just for the practice. This is the Gospel according to the GODs.

lavaman

« Reply #22 on: Nov 07, 2013, 10:26 AM »
bass pro is the same. they would not take a shimano rod back for store credit even though it had all the tags still on it and was unused. the lady said "we can not take any shimano rods back" i told the manager if you are going to enforce a policy like that it has to be clear to everyone that purchases this item. there was nothing on my receipt or sign up to alert me of this. i got my credit. to me you have to be a serious pia to get anything in this world. the guarantees are a joke but if you are persistant enough you can get your way. sometimes even looking at the solution in other ways. best buy would not honor a paid warranty that i purchased on a tv. i contacted a local tv repair guy and he helped me to get them to honor their warranty. nobody wants to go through the extra effort to do that and shouldn't but in todays world it is eat or be eaten. i never bought another thing from best buy again and bad mouth them every chance i get. i agree that LL bean is still one of the best for service.

mc jake u da man. does that mean i lost my ponky ice buddy?

Baitbucket

« Reply #23 on: Nov 07, 2013, 11:07 AM »
After my cabelas fiasco I went with the L.L. Bean Maine Pac boots.
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/75920?attrValue_0=Dark%20Sienna

Cabeals ended up giving me a 60$ gift card for my 80$ boots that had the lifetime guarantee.

Needless to say I wont be buying from them again.

Im looking to sell off this gift card to try and recoup the money I had to shell out on the new boots.
If your interested in swapping cash for the card let me know. I can do paypal to if its easier.

McJake

« Reply #24 on: Nov 07, 2013, 01:15 PM »
mc jake u da man. does that mean i lost my ponky ice buddy?

Negative!  This summer I found some holes on Ponky I want to try through the ice.  I am home every weekend.  I am finishing up my first project here next week.  My second project is on hold.  There is rumor they want to put me on a long to-do list up here.  In December I am retired.  The question is weather it is in name only. 

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #25 on: Nov 07, 2013, 04:15 PM »
Just click and watch here for the 100% truth about guarantees.

http://youtu.be/a5dpBpaFiMo
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

lavaman

« Reply #26 on: Nov 08, 2013, 02:15 PM »
Negative!  This summer I found some holes on Ponky I want to try through the ice.  I am home every weekend.  I am finishing up my first project here next week.  My second project is on hold.  There is rumor they want to put me on a long to-do list up here.  In December I am retired.  The question is weather it is in name only. 

sweet. ill bring the hooks. u bring the bait. ;D cant wait to get back on the ice with you again. goal is to get 1 over 6.5lb. my biggest to date.

McJake

« Reply #27 on: Nov 08, 2013, 03:16 PM »
sweet. ill bring the hooks. u bring the bait. ;D cant wait to get back on the ice with you again. goal is to get 1 over 6.5lb. my biggest to date.
I'm already on it. Can't wait to get back on the ice.  Let hope for some consistent cold weather.

Baitbucket

« Reply #28 on: Nov 13, 2013, 03:59 PM »
Got my new LL Bean boots today.
And well... The message on the box and the little card on the boots say it all.

McJake

« Reply #29 on: Nov 13, 2013, 07:28 PM »
Got my new LL Bean boots today.
And well... The message on the box and the little card on the boots say it all.

Nice looking boots.

I hope this truth lasts longer on this site then it did on the Shanty.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.