FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dont Buy Cabelas  (Read 9153 times)

Baitbucket

Re: Dont Buy Cabelas
« Reply #30 on: Nov 13, 2013, 08:06 PM »

ripple

« Reply #31 on: Nov 13, 2013, 08:21 PM »
 I understand an feel your frustration if the product is in your view defective.. Agree yes they could do better.. In their letter I seen the word "offer" $40.00..  Maybe you could negotiate that offer to a more means you like..  Again if you think it's a defect then try to stand firm, If they are just worn out then a lifetime guarantee is kinda a stretch.. I wear a Quality pair of everyday work boots out in 6 months.. Fall/Winter hunting boots about every 2 years.. I would never ask for a refund or exchange if I felt they served the purpose or I caused damage.. This is my rub against lifetime or no questions asked guarantees, is folks just return the products based on that wording.. It drives the cost up to the consumer tremendously.. I avoid these “name stores”
Not in the least saying this is your case..
Personally I have had very good customer service with Cabelas and will continue their products.. Thanks for sharing your experience ..

McJake

« Reply #32 on: Nov 14, 2013, 06:19 AM »
I understand an feel your frustration if the product is in your view defective.. Agree yes they could do better.. In their letter I seen the word "offer" $40.00..  Maybe you could negotiate that offer to a more means you like..  Again if you think it's a defect then try to stand firm, If they are just worn out then a lifetime guarantee is kinda a stretch.. I wear a Quality pair of everyday work boots out in 6 months.. Fall/Winter hunting boots about every 2 years.. I would never ask for a refund or exchange if I felt they served the purpose or I caused damage.. This is my rub against lifetime or no questions asked guarantees, is folks just return the products based on that wording.. It drives the cost up to the consumer tremendously.. I avoid these “name stores”
Not in the least saying this is your case..
Personally I have had very good customer service with Cabelas and will continue their products.. Thanks for sharing your experience ..

Lack of knowledge results in happiness.

ripple

« Reply #33 on: Nov 14, 2013, 07:14 PM »
Lack of knowledge results in happiness.

since you quoted my words , please explain.. Understanding is the key to knowledge ..

kingfisher22

« Reply #34 on: Nov 14, 2013, 08:09 PM »
Have to say I love Cabela's.  They have always provided me with excellent customer service.  I had the handle on one of their XML rods come loose after 8 years and they sent me a new rod along with a refund check for the difference between what I bought it for 8 years ago and what it was on sale for at the time of my return.  Sounds crazy, but that is no BS!  Thats just one example of the good service I have received.  I have their credit card and have found the customer service on that is excellent too.  The card is probably not the best credit card deal around, but I like their service so much that I have gotten rid of all  my other cards except one (just in case). 

I am sure there are many examples to the contrary, but all my experiences with Cabelas and their products have been excellent!

Baitbucket

« Reply #35 on: Nov 15, 2013, 05:56 AM »
I understand an feel your frustration if the product is in your view defective..

Ripple, it wasnt just my view that they were defective. Cabelas admitted they were defective.

McJake

« Reply #36 on: Nov 15, 2013, 07:43 PM »
since you quoted my words , please explain.. Understanding is the key to knowledge ..
Baitbucket had a trust issue with a retailer.  He felt deceived.  He sought help here on this site and on the shanthy.  As a result he made a purchase from another retailer.  When his boots arrived he was so impressed with the wording of the guarantee that he posted it here.  

I think you are happy with your 6 month boots.  I also believe you are happy with a retailer that will make an offer and then negotiate.

I don't believe I owe you an explanation because I don't believe you read the guarantee.  

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.