FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NH Saltwater Thread  (Read 107975 times)

swnoel

Re: NH Saltwater Thread
« Reply #225 on: Aug 08, 2016, 09:39 AM »
Hit Old Scantum yesterday... caught a lot of haddock, 8 keepers, 3 undersized cod, 2 cusk, 4 red fish, 2 hake, NO dogs! I was really surprised on the number of haddock we caught, must have been around 40...all on flies and clams at 200-250'!

bikrsrule

« Reply #226 on: Aug 23, 2016, 05:24 PM »
Thanks for the report, we were out on scantum, week ago saturday, 2 haddock keepers, about 10 keeper cod, released all but 4, (4 guys on the boat) 1 cod was about 30 in, no dogs, 2 cusk everything caught on jigs and pink teasers.  My friend went back out all over  this past Saturday, fishing was very poor, many dogs and alot of small hake.

swnoel

« Reply #227 on: Aug 24, 2016, 03:45 PM »
We hit the water after the last report and got no dogs and were pleasantly surprised. The spot we fished the first report we caught 0 fish??? We moved a couple of miles and got into whales like I have never seen and had one breech within 75 feet from the boat!! If it landed on us we were dead!! We saw lots of fish on the screen, but only caught 1 keeper haddock and no keeper cod, 1 squirrel hake, and a couple of small redfish. On the way back in we noticed a dragger dragging the area we fished last time out. Now we know why there was nothing!!! Most were juvenile fish and I'm sure thousands were caught and killed by that net... sucks!

whitewing

« Reply #228 on: Apr 20, 2017, 12:44 PM »
This may be old news to some or all you striper folks. NH F&G is conducting a striped bass volunteer angler survey. More info. - call the region #3 office (Durham) at 868-1095 or e-mail Becky Heuss @wildlife.nh.gov.

HuntnFish603

« Reply #229 on: Jun 11, 2017, 02:39 PM »
Notice nobody postin about Striper action yet. Everyone waiting for the big boys to come in so we can get some good pics on here?
i know the schoolie action is hot n heavy. been killing em lately. 17 just today. But biggest in the past week has only been 25".
Anyone else?

AquaAssassin

« Reply #230 on: Jun 11, 2017, 07:39 PM »
Caught so many micros this year I can't count, a slow outing is 25 bass. I'm ready for more cows to show but really excited for the runs in the next 5-7 years!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

HuntnFish603

« Reply #231 on: Jun 11, 2017, 08:48 PM »
Caught so many micros this year I can't count, a slow outing is 25 bass. I'm ready for more cows to show but really excited for the runs in the next 5-7 years!
I knew i could get you to chime in AA..lol. It goes without saying that you're slaying em! Yea, even with the limited time i get out there, Im hoping for some cows soon. The schoolies are like preseason, but still fun, especially for the kids.
- J

Roccus

« Reply #232 on: Jun 12, 2017, 11:48 AM »

the only thing more plentiful than micro bass are chipmunks!....I've been just fishing monster plugs and sluggos trying to avoid them... still catching 10"micros on an 8" plug or 9" sluggo...

Cuttyhunk lost the bass they had last week and a big slug of 25- 40lb bass moved through the canal last week... we'll have em  around the new moon..

AquaAssassin

« Reply #233 on: Jun 12, 2017, 06:45 PM »
the only thing more plentiful than micro bass are chipmunks!....I've been just fishing monster plugs and sluggos trying to avoid them... still catching 10"micros on an 8" plug or 9" sluggo...

Cuttyhunk lost the bass they had last week and a big slug of 25- 40lb bass moved through the canal last week... we'll have em  around the new moon..

I hope so, I'm catching fish the size of your plugs lol! However, they are hitting them  ;D

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

HuntnFish603

« Reply #234 on: Jun 12, 2017, 09:31 PM »
I hope so, I'm catching fish the size of your plugs lol! However, they are hitting them  ;D
This is true for me as well Roccus....Even the little wannabe bass are hittin the yellow plug i got from you at the gathering a couple years ago. Hoping it lands me some stud keepers in a few weeks.

Roccus

« Reply #235 on: Jun 13, 2017, 08:35 AM »
 I hope they show( soon) too... I spent the last hour of the outgoing and the entire incoming tossing a 7" sand eel plug I make to acres of swirling fish...nothing in that school was over 8 lbs... there's a lot of sore mouthed fish in that river this morning... and I'm tired..laid my head on the pillow a little after 2... was at work by6:45..I'm getting too old for this!...just wish they were bigger.... every cast I felt would bring  better class of fish..it just didn't happen... but it will!

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #236 on: Jun 13, 2017, 09:58 AM »
I hope they show( soon) too... I spent the last hour of the outgoing and the entire incoming tossing a 7" sand eel plug I make to acres of swirling fish...nothing in that school was over 8 lbs... there's a lot of sore mouthed fish in that river this morning... and I'm tired..laid my head on the pillow a little after 2... was at work by6:45..I'm getting too old for this!...just wish they were bigger.... every cast I felt would bring  better class of fish..it just didn't happen... but it will!
Looking forward to retirement, Roccus?  ;)

AquaAssassin

« Reply #237 on: Jun 13, 2017, 03:26 PM »
I'm jealous of your fishery near you, Hi Richard!

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #238 on: Jun 13, 2017, 04:49 PM »
I'm jealous of your fishery near you, Hi Richard!
Hey, Frank.
Me too.  ;D

lowaccord66

« Reply #239 on: Jun 14, 2017, 05:58 AM »

Glad your getting out Joe.  Wont be long until the cows are there.  There were some decent fish in the ditch last weekend.  I almost broke the 30lb mark on one Friday night. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.