FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NH Saltwater Thread  (Read 108302 times)

Clams

• All day, every day!
Re: 2014 NH Saltwater Thread
« Reply #60 on: Jul 11, 2014, 11:20 PM »
Squid are around. I stopped by a spot last night and it was really slow. I'm guessing because the water was so cloudy from the rain/runoff. I think most moved to clearer water near the mouth.

cornshark

« Reply #61 on: Jul 12, 2014, 08:33 AM »
I was out on the 4th my last trip, caught probably 6 of those 30-31" and 1 36", and a bunch of small guys. Was trolling umbrella rigs, did not really locate any bait, water temp was only 54 out front.
Perchus Slaversons

Clams

• All day, every day!
« Reply #62 on: Jul 17, 2014, 02:19 PM »
Daytime bite has been steady all week. Bombers, SP's, jigs w/sluggos, bucktails w/pork have been producing well. A buddy and I caught 23 this morning during outgoing. Biggest was a fat 36" fish. Also found a very small bluefish that didn't look injured but was not swimming right.

cornshark

« Reply #63 on: Aug 03, 2014, 05:07 PM »
Went out yesterday got 13, took my 3 year old out, caught back to back 37" fish he was more than exited. Lots of school bass around other than the two big fish only caught 2 others around 32" then 9 little guys.
Perchus Slaversons

the Wizard

« Reply #64 on: Aug 03, 2014, 08:46 PM »
    HELLO N.H. Gents :  I'm Going to be in the Lincoln area for a few days Sept. 18-20 and would like to get a chance to fish the big water, anyone recommend a reasonable charter or have room for a guy and his gal?      I'm not looking for freebees just some good times with good people on the water.

Catch and release in a hot pan of grease.

waterwolf603

« Reply #65 on: Aug 04, 2014, 08:28 AM »
    HELLO N.H. Gents :  I'm Going to be in the Lincoln area for a few days Sept. 18-20 and would like to get a chance to fish the big water, anyone recommend a reasonable charter or have room for a guy and his gal?      I'm not looking for freebees just some good times with good people on the water.

lincoln is still quite a ways away from the coast, but Eastmans is probably your charter of choice
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

the Wizard

« Reply #66 on: Aug 05, 2014, 07:30 AM »

lincoln is still quite a ways away from the coast, but Eastmans is probably your charter of choice
  Thanks Waterwolf603,  I planned on driving down to the coast to fish that's no biggie,  I drive & tow my boat to lake Erie Walleye fishing,  that's an hour and a half.  I'll  have the car and get a little better mileage.   
   Plan on hitting Loudon for the race that Sun.

Which salt water fish in that area is best to eat " opinions"

waterwolf603

« Reply #67 on: Aug 05, 2014, 09:57 AM »
  Thanks Waterwolf603,  I planned on driving down to the coast to fish that's no biggie,  I drive & tow my boat to lake Erie Walleye fishing,  that's an hour and a half.  I'll  have the car and get a little better mileage.   
   Plan on hitting Loudon for the race that Sun.

Which salt water fish in that area is best to eat " opinions"

not a problem at all its tough to say there are alot of options cod, haddock, flounder, stripers, they are all good. what type of fishing do you plan on doing? going off shore for a full day of cod/haddock jigging or staying more inland for flounder or stripers? either way good luck

the Wizard

« Reply #68 on: Aug 05, 2014, 02:30 PM »
I never caught Striper , cod or haddock so just want to try something new [ kind of a bucket list].    I lived on the Gulf in Fla. several years , there I caught flounder ,sea trout , redfish , grouper, tarpon , cobia ect.  But north east ocean fish will be a new challenge..    I'm up for suggestions ...

waterwolf603

« Reply #69 on: Aug 08, 2014, 05:46 AM »
I never caught Striper , cod or haddock so just want to try something new [ kind of a bucket list].    I lived on the Gulf in Fla. several years , there I caught flounder ,sea trout , redfish , grouper, tarpon , cobia ect.  But north east ocean fish will be a new challenge..    I'm up for suggestions ...

very cool man and i totally understand. this time of year would be alright for stripers do you plan on going on a smaller charter (more expensive) or a larger one. i would recommend a smaller one if you have about 4-6 people you will get more attention from the guide and have a better shot at fish without line tangles from other anglers. they are still getting cod and haddock out deep so you have the same options for this aswell. you could always surfcast from the beaches and jettys if yoiu have the gear.

joefishmore

« Reply #70 on: Aug 09, 2014, 09:01 AM »
Check out RPM outdoors. Great guide.

Mikey

« Reply #71 on: Aug 12, 2014, 05:09 AM »
August 31st is the last day to fish for cod and haddock (not that there are many to catch).
I'm sure the boats will still go out for Pollack but not many of them around either.
I'm fishing Eastmans Monday one last time. Will report.

Mikey

« Reply #72 on: Aug 12, 2014, 07:20 AM »
if your into eating fish, nothing beats a fresh haddock fillet fryed in butter with salt and pepper. 2 mins a side. and there are cod and haddock out there if you know where to go.
Not sure when/where you caught those but we are no longer allowed to keep those dink cod and haddock in the gulf of Maine. Speaking of  Sad when it takes 20 groundfish to fill a box.

deerhunter

« Reply #73 on: Aug 12, 2014, 07:54 AM »
I don't know what your lookin at but those are all legal fish. and its a 200 qt  cooler. maybe its just your a little jealous and feel a need to spout off.

filetandrelease

« Reply #74 on: Aug 12, 2014, 09:03 AM »
I don't get to fish salt water but I do enjoy the pics ,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.