FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NH Saltwater Thread  (Read 108412 times)

Clams

• All day, every day!
Re: NH Saltwater Thread
« Reply #105 on: Jun 03, 2015, 07:56 PM »
Sounds like a good day nixstyx! Assuming you were in the P-scat, were you getting them near the mouth or up in the bay? What were they hitting?

I got 6 and my buddy got 4 today. First time this year fishing the daytime for me. I lost a very nice one, was chasing it down the shore. Ended up somehow pulling the hook. Felt like at least a 36-40" fish. My buddy got a 30-31" for his first fish of the season and he released it for the good fishing karma. White bucktails with white plastic trailers or jig head and white plastic.

nixstyx

« Reply #106 on: Jun 03, 2015, 08:43 PM »
Sounds like a good day nixstyx! Assuming you were in the P-scat, were you getting them near the mouth or up in the bay? What were they hitting?

I got 6 and my buddy got 4 today. First time this year fishing the daytime for me. I lost a very nice one, was chasing it down the shore. Ended up somehow pulling the hook. Felt like at least a 36-40" fish. My buddy got a 30-31" for his first fish of the season and he released it for the good fishing karma. White bucktails with white plastic trailers or jig head and white plastic.

Nice. Yes, it was Piscataqua. Mostly we were up river and didn't mark anything  or get any bites below the Rt 95 bridge. Water was pretty chilly at the mouth ... around 45 ... Thinking active fish are looking for a bit warmer water up river still. Maybe?

Oh, almost missed the seecond part of the question. Chartreuse swimbaits when sun was up, black Bomber around and after sunset

Clams

• All day, every day!
« Reply #107 on: Jun 03, 2015, 09:03 PM »
I agree with you thinking that they're looking for the warmer water, the water temps at the mouth are still pretty low.

Clams

• All day, every day!
« Reply #108 on: Jun 05, 2015, 08:17 PM »
Been putting the hammer to em the last few evenings before sunset.10 yesterday and 4 today. A bunch in the mid 20" and two at 27". Decided mix it up and try a 9" green over chartreuse sluggo based of nixstyx saying chartreuse swim baits were working for him. It was funny, I literally had no confidence in the color and caught one off the first cast with it. Had a boat drift by today and they pulled up a nice one, prob 36-40". I'm assuming they were fishing some sort of live bait.

BarringtonBrad

« Reply #109 on: Jun 06, 2015, 02:14 PM »
Got 7 last night fishing the incoming all tiny went from 18" to 24" in portsmouth.had some good ones chasing the 12" slug but wouldn't commit so down sized to a 9" & started getting the little ones

AquaAssassin

« Reply #110 on: Jun 07, 2015, 07:29 AM »
10 total last night in the first 3 hours of dark in the river. All 20-26". Dark slugs. Felt good to be out haven't been in a week.
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

nixstyx

« Reply #111 on: Jun 07, 2015, 09:32 PM »
Been putting the hammer to em the last few evenings before sunset.10 yesterday and 4 today. A bunch in the mid 20" and two at 27". Decided mix it up and try a 9" green over chartreuse sluggo based of nixstyx saying chartreuse swim baits were working for him. It was funny, I literally had no confidence in the color and caught one off the first cast with it. Had a boat drift by today and they pulled up a nice one, prob 36-40". I'm assuming they were fishing some sort of live bait.

Nice! Glad it worked for you. 
Wish I was able to get out this weekend, but my little sister had to be smart and stuff and graduated from law school this weekend.  I'm hoping we can find some pigs next weekend.

Clams

• All day, every day!
« Reply #112 on: Jun 08, 2015, 11:47 AM »
Slow pick this morning, got 2 one at 29" (first fish I kept this season) It had 4 decent sized green crabs in its belly. Got it on a white z-man plastic/jig head. There plastics are made of some different stuff that seems hard to rip. The bait looked brand new after catching a fish, hard to say that with a sluggo most of the time. Also had a very nice fish break me off yesterday. Took me in the rocks and gone.  A lot of boat traffic on the river yesterday (Sunday). Good luck to everyone getting out there.

waterwolf603

« Reply #113 on: Jun 08, 2015, 12:03 PM »
has the night time bite picked up yet this year? I am thinking a may want to try and get out with some live eels at night in the yak.
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

Clams

• All day, every day!
« Reply #114 on: Jun 08, 2015, 12:46 PM »
They have been hitting pretty good in daylight so night should be the same or better. Definitely worth a shot. Where you planning to launch, I may be able to bust out a yak and join you. Safer with company.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #115 on: Jun 08, 2015, 12:57 PM »
has the night time bite picked up yet this year? I am thinking a may want to try and get out with some live eels at night in the yak.

Been hot the last 2 nights stud, where I took you that time

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

waterwolf603

« Reply #116 on: Jun 08, 2015, 02:28 PM »
Been hot the last 2 nights stud, where I took you that time

d**n i got to make it out your way for some night time striper action and PBR's haha

AquaAssassin

« Reply #117 on: Jun 08, 2015, 03:36 PM »
d**n i got to make it out your way for some night time striper action and PBR's haha

Been watching my figure, might want to buy stock in miller lite  ;D

waterwolf603

« Reply #118 on: Jun 09, 2015, 09:03 AM »
Been watching my figure, might want to buy stock in miller lite  ;D

lmao that is funny you say that a guy i work with said he lost 20lbs from switching from budweiser to miller lite maybe its time to make the switch myself haha

AquaAssassin

« Reply #119 on: Jun 09, 2015, 10:23 AM »
 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.