FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NH Saltwater Thread  (Read 108442 times)

cornshark

Re: NH Saltwater Thread
« Reply #195 on: Jun 02, 2016, 04:31 PM »
Anyone fishing tomorrow? I will probably go in the morning potential seat open on the boat. I been working nights this week so I have to see how tired I am.
Perchus Slaversons

JoeGG

« Reply #196 on: Jun 02, 2016, 08:00 PM »
Pm me if you want to know where the haddock are

cornshark

« Reply #197 on: Jun 04, 2016, 09:11 PM »
Anyone fishing tomorrow on the piscat?
Perchus Slaversons

cornshark

« Reply #198 on: Jun 05, 2016, 06:30 PM »
Weekend showed fish from top to bottom in River, a big pod of school bass just under 28", caught a couple fish I. The low thirties have not seen any bigger fish yet. I am sure here is a few 36" pluses some where just haven't caught one yet. Bait catching consistent, water has risen about 8 degrees in he last 10 days. Big tird pollock where in the river yesterday, not what I want to catch for bait but when you have a five year old he wants to catch a 100 before its time to start striper fishing.
Perchus Slaversons

cornshark

« Reply #199 on: Jun 08, 2016, 04:35 PM »
Anyone land anything over low 30's yet in the river?

Perchus Slaversons

nixstyx

« Reply #200 on: Jun 08, 2016, 05:14 PM »
Anyone land anything over low 30's yet in the river?

Pulled this guy out of the Piscat. I never did get an accurate length -- it was longer than the 34" measure on the boat. Went about 20lbs. Caught on a green mackerel colored SP Minnow. Was pretty wild ... I saw a small schoolie following my lure (probably 20-24") so I paused a second to entice a hit. Then, out of nowhere, this one emerges from below and absolutely crushes it. Made several good runs, but was able to keep it out of structure.  This was last Saturday. Ended up catching a bunch more in the 24" to 27" range around the same area. Lots of mackerel to be caught around the mouth, as well.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #201 on: Jun 08, 2016, 05:25 PM »
Nice work! 29.5 biggest for me to far
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #202 on: Jun 08, 2016, 06:47 PM »
Very nice styx.  :)
Congrats!

cornshark

« Reply #203 on: Jun 08, 2016, 08:12 PM »
Solid Fish for NH. Lots of those 6 year old 26-27 fish around good sign for next couple years.
Perchus Slaversons

zwiggles

« Reply #204 on: Jun 09, 2016, 09:08 AM »
Has anyone been catching any really small fish? Around 9-10"? A friend of mine was telling me there had been reports of juvenile stripers in the bay which would indicate that they have been breeding successfully in or around the bay. there may be a few benefits to the weak winter we had last year after all.

Clams

• All day, every day!
« Reply #205 on: Jun 09, 2016, 10:09 AM »
People are saying there are a lot of micros this year. I've only caught one tiny one but I mostly fish larger lures. Caught 3 "keeper" size fish midday up to 34" last week all in back to back casts with a white bucktail/curlytail, then they moved off. They were bloated fat and happy to be released.

There is a ton of bigger bait in the river now, mostly closer to the mouth. Macks, pollock aka turds, larger size herring, and squid are around. There should be some nice size fish to be caught. If your a shore fisher and want bait the new castle bridge right before- after high tide with a sabiki will get you bait easy. Also the 103 bridge in Kittery is producing bait easy. Good luck and tight lines everyone.

Dispy

« Reply #206 on: Jun 09, 2016, 10:54 PM »
@ nixstyx..great fish and thanks for sharing! Bet it was an awesome fight.

@Clams...thanks for sharing current conditions and insight. Nice to hear of activity and fishing potentials.
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Clams

• All day, every day!
« Reply #207 on: Jun 10, 2016, 11:37 AM »
Stopped by the New Castle bridge yesterday. Guys there said it was slower then the past days but they were getting a few macs and squid. Showed me a pretty big squid they caught. It was crazy windy though, had to take my hat off because I thought it might fly off.

natureboy79

« Reply #208 on: Jun 11, 2016, 12:59 PM »
Anyone heading out tonight?
My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic...

AquaAssassin

« Reply #209 on: Jun 11, 2016, 02:06 PM »
Fished the end of the Ebb and start of the Flow from 9pm til 2 am last night. Fished hard too. Not a single fish besides one swirl. Should of known with the amount of mud bugs, crabs, and juvie Flounder I could see everywhere I looked that no predator was in the vicinity. Actually been doing better in daylight the last week.  May do a quick trip tonight. Kids got practice early tomorrow. Wouldn't mind a false dawn trip those are best IMO
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.