FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Goodbye CHU SKUNKEROOOOO  (Read 3720 times)

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
Goodbye CHU SKUNKEROOOOO
« on: Apr 27, 2014, 11:13 AM »
Skunked the last 5 times out I was determined to shake off the smell. Met up MrE179 ( Ed ) and hit the CHU. Yes I did say Ed. I'll let him post his own to tell the story ;D ;D. Me nothing on bait and nothing on the Krocks until I switched up and went to a #3 chartruce with the red spot pattern. Just a few cast in Bang. Landed a nice Salmon. Safe and honest guess 24" 5lbs. Ed was getting the camera ready for me I tried to rinse off the sand from laying her down. She slipped off my finger and started to swim away. I took action jumped in got in front of her and tried to push her back on shore. No luck she flipped around swam between by legs I spun around for the chase lunching head first after her. Soaked head to foot but no fish. Ed looked and said " you know a little sand wouldn't have hurt the picture". To funny a good laugh after some dumb founded looks and cursing. Picked the rod back up and started throwing the Krock again. 3 casts later. Bang another a few leaps to show the colors and this one was taken for the table

;D ;D ;D Good bye skunkerooo.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

JFeen82

• 4.5lb bow
Re: Goodbye CHU SKUNKEROOOOO
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2014, 11:18 AM »
Nice job on the salmon! Great looking fish!

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2014, 11:26 AM »
Michael Phelps you are not Jeff.  Was a NICE salmon that got away def in the 5lb range. 
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

wally13

« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2014, 11:32 AM »
nice fish

BOULDERDASH

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2014, 12:02 PM »
very nice

McJake

« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2014, 12:11 PM »
Great story.  You never know when you might have to get wet.  Congratulations Jeff for breaking the Skunkerooooo in style.    

Stealth

• Just a GOD to the end
« Reply #6 on: Apr 27, 2014, 01:43 PM »
GODs don't swim!  We tend to sink. Amazing effort, beautiful fish.
If you have great friends, taunt them..... endlessly. Even if you don't have good friends taunt them just for the practice. This is the Gospel according to the GODs.

dumbba

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2014, 02:49 PM »
Nice fish. If the "one that got away" was even better I'd say you had a great day. Those 2 fish are well worth a couple skunks in my book.

unoman

« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2014, 02:56 PM »
back to back salmon is a great day on the Chu.  WTG jeff..

sull155

« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2014, 03:16 PM »
Congrats!! Awesome fish

butch two

• Member of the GODS society.
« Reply #10 on: Apr 27, 2014, 04:26 PM »
Jeff I would have paid big bucks to have seen that act, real good thing the rest of the GOD"S weren't there to witness  first hand,you will be badgered  without a doubt.

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2014, 04:46 PM »
Jeff I would have paid big bucks to have seen that act, real good thing the rest of the GOD"S weren't there to witness  first hand,you will be badgered  without a doubt.

I had free admission and it was  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:  Wish I had it on video  ;D 
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2014, 06:04 PM »
Great job Jeff. Nice way to break the skunk

deerhunter

« Reply #13 on: Apr 27, 2014, 07:14 PM »
my f---n word , jeff. that's some nice salmon. I been trying to get one outta there for years, way to go. best fish you could ever get there. my god. and your fishing in my spot.lol.

otzi thawed

• Sit up and show up!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 27, 2014, 07:37 PM »
Sweet looking fish Jeff, good for you and kudos for getting Ed off the schneid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.