FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dodging Storms  (Read 1456 times)

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
Dodging Storms
« on: May 26, 2014, 08:41 PM »
Stayed local this weekend, got on Grassy, Skatutakee, and Dublin. All gave up some nice bass but no big girls, though we decided not to target beds and leave them to do there thing. The weather was anywhere from not a cloud in the sky to holy cow run for cover lol... Got caught in some hail on Skatutakee but the fish were on fire for the half hour before that. Took some scenery pics but all the bass went back to quick for pics. Hope everyone had a safe holiday weekend.

After getting soaked on Grassy

Lazy pup

Ambitious little fella

Calm before the storm

Nasty thunderstorm coming together

fisherhawk55

Re: Dodging Storms
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 08:48 PM »
Beautiful pics pal ,I wanted to go today but that wind was nasty around me ,must have been tough on you and the pup bad weather fishing is better than a good day at work nice job,

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 07:44 AM »
Phew... the storm that rolled through Hopkinton on Sunday afternoon, I sure would not have wanted to be on the lake for it!

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 05:24 PM »
Phew... the storm that rolled through Hopkinton on Sunday afternoon, I sure would not have wanted to be on the lake for it!

Probably the same one that got us Sunday... I've had snow squalls on the boat before but that was the first time for hail... no fun when you can't take cover.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 05:27 PM »
Beautiful pics pal ,I wanted to go today but that wind was nasty around me ,must have been tough on you and the pup bad weather fishing is better than a good day at work nice job,

Pup didn't care at all... first dog I've had that didn't hate the rain. Kinda weird.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 07:57 PM »
Great Pics! The pup looks happy, the perch not so much. Lol.
Thanks for the pics/report

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.