FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: One of those days  (Read 3089 times)

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
One of those days
« on: Jun 11, 2014, 05:25 PM »
Went out for a couple hours last night on Hubbard. My evening started with getting pulled over on the way home from work for rolling a stop sign that was no longer there... had to argue with him to go and look to see that there was no stop sign (someone must have stolen it). When we went to leave my house the battery in truck was dead (headlights had been on since Sunday). Made it to the launch and gave myself a huge blood blister taking off the transom saver. Then once out on the water I go to cast not realizing that my buddy had one of the rear deck doors open and I snag it on the back cast and get the worlds most epic birds nest ever.... Put all my gear away, gave my buddy the control for the trolling motor and sat back with my cigar. Just one of those days lol. I suppose one bonus is logging on here after a few days and seeing that there has been some activity...

haightdaddy

Re: One of those days
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2014, 05:29 PM »
I hear ya.. Although i wasnt fishing, i had one of those days at school. Nothing goes your way. But you take the good days with the bad days!

Nitro16

• Born to fish Forced to work
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2014, 05:38 PM »
Been there done that with the birds nest or as I call it a professional over run lol.    I'd like to contribute more but I dont waste my time taking pictures if they are smaller than 4 pounds. Have caught many many fish but nothing photo worthy lol

jibbs

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2014, 06:31 PM »
That's quite the over run..calls for a good pair of scissors..
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2014, 06:54 AM »
Boy that is one hell of a rats nest. Nice reel. Good idea shutting it down after the day that you had.

waterwolf603

« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2014, 12:45 PM »
i hear ya man thats a rough one, just means youll have to make up for it on the next run. i probably would have lost my mind and have in the past ona day like that, good for you for just relaxin
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #6 on: Jun 12, 2014, 08:15 PM »
Thanks guys, I've learned to not sweat the small stuff anymore. I actually busted out laughing when I looked down and saw how bad the backlash was... never seen one even half that size before lol.

sgthoskins

« Reply #7 on: Jun 13, 2014, 06:43 AM »
Thanks guys, I've learned to not sweat the small stuff anymore. I actually busted out laughing when I looked down and saw how bad the backlash was... never seen one even half that size before lol.

When it's that bad, laughing is pretty much all you can do.   ;D    I've made a mono-nest a couple of times using those reels.   8)

williev18

« Reply #8 on: Jun 13, 2014, 07:55 AM »
I feel your pain, had one of those trips Monday morning. I had put a new prop on my boat and wanted to go test it. Got to the ramp and wet to launch as normal, but once the boat hit the water I came to the quick realization that the rope that was supposed to pull the boat back to shore behind the trailer had come untied. After waiting onshore for 30min for the wind to blow my boat back to me I finally got on board. went to turn on my sonar only to find I had a wiring problem. I was able to find the broken power lead and repair it so I was on my way, or so I thought. I idled out of the bay, but when I hit the throttle the motor revved but I went no where. I lifted the motor and everything looked ok, the prop was still there and tight. I put it back in the water and started it back up to find there was a lot of exhaust bubbles coming between the gear case and prop. At this point I decided to idle back to the truck and load up. I made the 5 mile trip home and backed her back into the garage. After further investigation I read the directions  ;D and found the new thrust washer that came with the prop in the bottom of the box was much different than my OEM one. New washer installed decided to head to a different ramp, didn't want to be seen at the other one again after the previous performance. I launched the boat after double checking the rope this time  ;) and headed out. The new prop gave the bigger hole shot I was looking for. I ended up catching 6 northerns the largest being 9lbs ( good size for that pond), and one good size small mouth. My best catch of the day though was what I thought was a snag until I pulled it back to the boat to find I had cought a 7' ugly stick with a lews spinning reel on it.

So I guess if you don't sweat the small stuff, good things will come eventually.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #9 on: Jun 17, 2014, 05:51 PM »
And it continues LOL. Popped the motor in the truck on the way home from Grassy last night, at least I made it home without a tow truck, she was knockin and clackin like mad but still made it.... Guess I will be doing a motor swap this Saturday instead of fishing... Good times.

haightdaddy

« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 2014, 10:42 AM »
And it continues LOL. Popped the motor in the truck on the way home from Grassy last night, at least I made it home without a tow truck, she was knockin and clackin like mad but still made it.... Guess I will be doing a motor swap this Saturday instead of fishing... Good times.
Fun times!! That truck has the 5.7 correct? Shouldnt be too hard to find one cheap

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #11 on: Jun 18, 2014, 04:55 PM »
Fun times!! That truck has the 5.7 correct? Shouldnt be too hard to find one cheap

Yup, easy and cheap to find... I've already got 2 low mileage units sitting on crates at the shop now. One of the bonuses of being a mechanic.

haightdaddy

« Reply #12 on: Jun 18, 2014, 10:10 PM »
That definitely helps.. Thankfully the truck passed down to me was babied...and that aluminum 5.3 screams ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.