FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Perch bite is on in CT  (Read 3723 times)

Nickp

Perch bite is on in CT
« on: Mar 18, 2006, 01:42 PM »
Been nailin um left and right- lots of males this year.  Killer has been a 1/16oz white jighead (red eyes) with a white berkley microtube- Lost a monster bass/perch yesterday on the ultralight- couldnt keep it from going into the brush....  :'( Im going back for him all day tomorrow hopefully with flotation.... I was ready to jump in after him but the water was cold and I knew he was off by the time he got close- seems like theres too much cover at this place- he didnt come 2 foot from the top of the water and was throwing huge wakes- deffinately over 4pounds if bas probably 16in if it was a perch

Very sad

Im loving the site as well

Fishingking

Re: Perch bite is on in CT
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2006, 06:05 PM »
NIce is this your perch pond that you had trouble with this winter?
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

Nickp

Re: Perch bite is on in CT
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2006, 07:36 PM »
Yes sir

FOlled around with trout today- got two browns and went to unchartered water - casted a castmaster out and was untieing a tangle, the lure hit bottom (heavy 1/4 oz kastmaster) so I start realing d**n feels like a snagg

Real real real and bam the fish moves, 2.3 pound 16.5in perch baby- busting with eggggs on a randomn cast- heading back tomorrow with shiners and two rods- the fish was in I gues 20-30 foot of water

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.