The Fisherman's Wharf > Camping

Camping sites?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Pikeguy:
Dang Arch, I'm impressed. You turned this part of the forum into a hoppin spot.
P.S. If you come to WI there are plenty of free camping oportunities. A little rough, but free

Kodiak Commando:
There is lots of free and pay camping sites on kodiak and i usually just pay 100 buck for a year pass. I don't mind the charging because a lot of that money goes towards improving the outdoors and outdoor conservation.

wormwigglr:
what does letchworth run ny guys?

bottomfeeder:
Arch come to the Adirondacks theres alot of places you can go that dosent cost you anything to camp.Long Lake and Raquette Lake both have leantos you can camp at they both have state boat launches if you have a boat,if you dont there are boat rentals at both lakes.Theres some good fishing at both lakes.Theres also alot of other lakes you can go to.

devil-man:

--- Quote from: wormwigglr on May 05, 2005, 01:28 PM ---what does letchworth run ny guys?

--- End quote ---

$20 a night for a primitive tent site. It's a great place to go. They also have cabins. I'm not sure of the price on those, but I could easily find out if you'd like, Wigglr.
Does Mrs. Wigglr like to camp?
As you know I'm kind of partial, it's in my backyard! Letchworth is part of the reason I shelled out the money for an Empire Passport.
It allows you access to all State parks and launches.
Their campsites open this weekend (Sat.) and I will be camping there soon so I can roll out of the tent and go after the turkeys that have frustrated me so far. Unfortunately the only place in the park you're allowed to fish is the pond. Alleghany would be better for that, but for scenery and hiking I don't think you can beat Letchworth in WNY.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version