FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New Toy  (Read 15455 times)

Baitbucket

New Toy
« on: Apr 21, 2015, 06:23 PM »
Just purchased this 88 17' Aluminum Sea Nymph Great Lakes Special  w/Split Console. Has a 2004 4 Stroke 25hp Johnson with 20hrs on it.  Needs a little work but for the price I couldnt say no.

Will be a Quabbin Boat for family days and days when I cant get out on the salt.

Stealth

• Just a GOD to the end
Re: New Toy
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2015, 06:28 PM »
Where's the peddles?
If you have great friends, taunt them..... endlessly. Even if you don't have good friends taunt them just for the practice. This is the Gospel according to the GODs.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2015, 07:11 PM »
Where's the peddles?

LOL Jim. I'd take horse power over peddle power any day. Will nice ride. You'll get the addiction now. I figure 1 more year with mine and I'll go bigger for the salt and keep the Grumman for the lakes LOL. Wife is already shaking her head. 1 can never have to many toys. ;D
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Baitbucket

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2015, 07:14 PM »
I hear that Jeff. I picked this up for about the same price I paid for my kayak lol

It will be interesting to see how much use the yak gets now with the boat. Will most likely come out for trips to the salt and other fresh water destinations. This boat will be strictly for the Q.

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2015, 10:17 PM »
You can do no wrong with that outboard that's for sure.  Heck its worth 2k alone!  Also the deadrise on that boat is nasty it will ride nice.

I shopped for mine for a year.  Sea Nymph's were high on my list along with starcrafts, crestliners and the alumacraft.  My buddy ditched is 98 skeeter and got the 88 lund.  We call them sport utility boats because you can do everything with them.  Def a good buy all day everyday!

xjbob99

« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2015, 06:01 AM »
i saw that for sale in grafton, congrats on the purchase!

lavaman

« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2015, 07:12 AM »
nice ride Will !!!!

deerhunter

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2015, 08:31 AM »
looks good.

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2015, 03:50 PM »
Sweet rig man. Congrats. Now you can be a motorized googan. 😉
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

Baitbucket

« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2015, 06:06 PM »
Sweet rig man. Congrats. Now you can be a motorized King googan. 😉

Get it right   :P

Baitbucket

« Reply #10 on: Apr 22, 2015, 07:16 PM »
What a pain in the balls it is to get the boat and trailer registered.. Pretty ridiculous.
Why the hell do i need this:
**Pencil tracing of  the hull ID number (serial number)

Yachtzy

« Reply #11 on: Apr 22, 2015, 09:39 PM »
  I asked the same question too, because they sent me home to do it. I never got a straight answer. If you haven't paid the sales tax, do that online before you show up to Environmental.  I found that out the hard way too. That is a separate agency, and it can't be done there. The trailer is MassDOT, go to your insurance agent, you need a form with their stamp on it first. Have the make and Vin # ready. Hope this helps and saved a trip. Enjoy your new member of the fleet.

Baitbucket

« Reply #12 on: Apr 23, 2015, 04:03 AM »
Thx for the info chris. Its an adventure for sure.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #13 on: Apr 23, 2015, 07:53 AM »
Welcome to the world of boating.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #14 on: Apr 23, 2015, 08:17 AM »
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.