FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bio Baits  (Read 6177 times)

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
Re: Bio Baits
« Reply #15 on: Apr 24, 2015, 06:58 PM »
What's all this flack about Set The Hook anyway? The Berkley Gulp stuff has been biodegradable for years. Some of you have probably been fishing it and haven't even realized:-)

You ever let that Berkley Gulp dry out?  They get like rocks.
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

craiger

« Reply #16 on: Apr 24, 2015, 09:59 PM »
Yup, have to cut em off my hooks with dikes.  Pieces shoot off into dark corners of the garage.

I admit to discarding gulp baits in the past thinking it was "biodegradeable".  Misleading advertising/product claim if you ask me. 

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
« Reply #17 on: Apr 25, 2015, 01:06 PM »
This is not meant to be funny, a joke, etc. I'm just curious how long does it takes the hook that holds these biodegradable worms to break down in a fish's stomach or throat ? I catch ALLOT of bass with hooks stuck in their throats. I would assume if I had a hook stuck in my throat, I wouldn't be able to eat let alone digest a worm in my stomach. Too many people just cut their line, due too inferior hook removal tools or they use inferior line and constantly get broke off. That's all fine and dandy if using a biodegradable worm, however I've yet to see a biodegradable hook. Just a thought 👍🎣

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

Baitbucket

« Reply #18 on: Apr 25, 2015, 05:41 PM »
Hooks dont prevent fish from eating. They may get in the way in some cases, but its nothing like having their digestive tack blocked.

Bass to mouth

« Reply #19 on: Apr 26, 2015, 10:47 AM »
I caught a bass with the loop end of a eagle Snell sticking out of its anus. A couple days later my buddy caught the same bass.

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
« Reply #20 on: Apr 26, 2015, 11:30 AM »
Hooks dont prevent fish from eating. They may get in the way in some cases, but its nothing like having their digestive tack blocked.
I've seen fish with treble hooks stuck right across the opening of the throat. It may not keep them from trying to eat but how does it swallow the food like another small fish. The food would hook the trebles. Either way, a hook in the throat or a worm in the belly, both suck.

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

westernmas

« Reply #21 on: Apr 30, 2015, 08:22 AM »
They work!!!!!  I went out to my local pond last night from about 6:30-8 with two buddies and our yaks and was able to test out the bio baits. From what I could tell the weight and sink rate seemed comparable, if not identical, to a Yamamoto.  It wasn't a banner evening but I got one good sized pickerel on a green pumpkin with black flake bio and threw a couple other color variations. My other two friends weren't using bios but one got two smaller bass and the other got a dink pickerel. No fish pics but some good pics of the sun setting over cobble mountain.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Baitbucket

« Reply #22 on: Apr 30, 2015, 12:31 PM »
Good to hear man. I hope to try them our soon.. Havent had any time lately..

Baitbucket

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2015, 11:08 AM »
First cast using the new bio baits.
Only 15.5in but not bad for first cast using them lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MOlxXJMaEw

westernmas

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2015, 11:28 AM »
I got one on Monday with the bio baits.  It was a small one as well.  They were all over the watermelon red and black and I didn't have any bios in that color.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Baitbucket

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2015, 11:41 AM »
Color made a difference? I have found when they are hitting it doesnt really matter what the color is.

westernmas

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2015, 02:51 PM »
It seemed to.  I tried pumpkin with black flake bio and got one.  I caught 6 others on the yamamoto black and red but nothing on the smoke/purple with black flake bios or yamamotos.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

deerhunter

« Reply #27 on: Dec 23, 2015, 04:41 PM »
just wanted to bring this thread back. went by a local lake today and noticed these, mostly sencos everywhere. lake has been drawn down 8 or ten ft. another reason for bios.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #28 on: Dec 23, 2015, 05:09 PM »
Thats crazy. Looks like someone cleaned out there tackle box..
I always put my used ones in the side compartment or throw them on the floor of the boat and throw away when I get home...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

dumbba

« Reply #29 on: Dec 23, 2015, 07:07 PM »
Wow, that's pretty bad looking. I switched to large swimbaits so I didn't have to worry about that stuff anymore. Plus it produces bigger fish:-)
Is that Maspenock? That is drawn down really low in an attempt to kill the milfoil and other invasive weeds in there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.