FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512796 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4815 on: Oct 23, 2022, 08:12 AM »
It’s actually called Honeynut squash. Supposed to be a more concentrated flavor and a darker orange color.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bartman44

« Reply #4816 on: Oct 23, 2022, 08:49 AM »
Part of my garden has suddenly been repurposed into a construction zone and monster truck course.   ;D

icefisher47

« Reply #4817 on: Oct 23, 2022, 11:19 AM »
It’s actually called Honeynut squash. Supposed to be a more concentrated flavor and a darker orange color.
Thank you, Figured I had the name wrong. Haven’t found any in the grocery stores. Will have to wait till summer for the Farmers Market.
Take a kid fishing

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4818 on: Oct 23, 2022, 02:08 PM »
Find some seed!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #4820 on: Oct 23, 2022, 09:18 PM »
Closed up the resat of the garden today. Got the 3 last tomatoes and still getting plenty of raspberries.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4821 on: Oct 23, 2022, 10:06 PM »
Worked on cleaning the garage today. Done with the gardens for the most part. Another day of organizing my work bench and I’ll be good for the winter.
Amazing how it got out of hand this past summer.

Mac Attack

« Reply #4822 on: Dec 18, 2022, 02:41 PM »
Hey Bob

I was putting the garlic in the fridge.
I happen to notice one of Donna’s fridge magnets.

;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4823 on: Dec 18, 2022, 04:39 PM »
Ain’t it the truth!

Mac Attack

« Reply #4824 on: Jan 05, 2023, 11:11 PM »
I used some your garlic tonight Bob.
Nothing fancy.
We had some leftover rice from Chinese take out.  I made fried rice.
Added fresh spinach and mushrooms, a large onion, some roast pork I thawed out from the deep freezer, some soy sauce, a few eggs stirred in and some shredded cheese.  And of course, one of your garlic bulbs.
Awesome!
And have enough for another meal.
Thanks again bud.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4825 on: Jan 06, 2023, 01:34 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it.

cnypanfisher

« Reply #4826 on: Jan 08, 2023, 06:54 PM »
If this keeps up we will be picking garlic in February  :o

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4827 on: Jan 09, 2023, 04:36 AM »
Yeah, mine sprouted up through the 6” of leaf mulch….and that’s a good thing👍

piscesman

« Reply #4828 on: Mar 15, 2023, 06:30 PM »
Resurrecting this thread. By now you guys are or have started your gardens this year. Wife and I planted herb seeds last weekend. I didn't want to start too early or get a late jump. Did some reading on several sites and believe we should be on schedule to transplant in late May when no more freeze and ground is warmer. Basil, Lavender, Parshley, Cilantro, Rosemary, Dill and Chives. Put in empty 1 dozen egg cartons so transplanting will be easier. We figured we would try more herbs this year and see what happens. We are also giving some seedings away to friends because once some of these really take seed they will overfill the garden. Maybe make a dedicated table for them off the ground from critters?? NOW, when do you start your seeds for the vegetables?? We are planting Green Beans, Wax Beans, Peas, peppers, cherry tomatoes and large tomatoes. Last year the beans and peas were planted 2nd week in May and were sprouting in a week. Went on vacation and the deer had salad when we were gone. Replanted more seeds last of May and did pretty good growing and eating them until late Sept. Thinking of Swiss Chard too as my wife likes that. We don't have a large area for the garden. Probably 12 x 12 square, give or take. May even use empty plastic buckets with holes drilled towards the bottom to help drain the water. TIA.
      Kim

We still have our Garlic plot that we planted last year with Dom's help.
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

greensider

« Reply #4829 on: Mar 15, 2023, 08:08 PM »
My garden at my old house

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.