FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: License fees going up next year  (Read 11945 times)

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
Re: License fees going up next year
« Reply #60 on: Jul 20, 2015, 01:44 PM »
Fair enough, thankfully I don't live up there and have ceased to care about this topic.  However for your own satisfaction, you are right!  Maybe,  Time will tell!  

AquaAssassin

« Reply #61 on: Jul 20, 2015, 02:47 PM »

I'm still waiting for some confirmation that NHF&G's FY 16/17 annual budget is 1.2 million.
You've mentioned and/or alluded to it a few times on this thread.
Sounds like you know that to be so.
If you can't prove it, your half and half theory is not valid.
A link to NHF&G's 16/17 annual budget would be great.  :)

Not to confuse things but AA is absolutely correct. Given your theory he paid his half (taxes) and the other half (license). Logically speaking that disproves your theory as he paid 2 halves not one!

Exactly…
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

lowaccord66

« Reply #62 on: Jul 20, 2015, 03:22 PM »

Helpful argument meatandmetal, I know, I know because I post my location as CT I shouldn't have an opinion right? The increase will effect me as well.  Proof is in the Final Executive Summary I posted by the way.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #63 on: Jul 21, 2015, 06:29 AM »
Helpful argument meatandmetal, I know, I know because I post my location as CT I shouldn't have an opinion right? The increase will effect me as well.  Proof is in the Final Executive Summary I posted by the way.

No problem with you being from CT (didn't see it on your profile) and having an opinion with me. I moved from there 30 years ago and it was the best thing that I ever did besides hooking up with Bamb308. Did a lot of fishing on the Farmington & Housatonic Rivers and the Northeast corner of the state. Nice area back then. You should know about taxes down there and budget busting. There is a Colebrook, NH so that is probably where most of the members thought you were from. We welcome opinions so write away as you feel inclined to.

lowaccord66

« Reply #64 on: Jul 21, 2015, 08:21 AM »
No problem with you being from CT (didn't see it on your profile) and having an opinion with me. I moved from there 30 years ago and it was the best thing that I ever did besides hooking up with Bamb308. Did a lot of fishing on the Farmington & Housatonic Rivers and the Northeast corner of the state. Nice area back then. You should know about taxes down there and budget busting. There is a Colebrook, NH so that is probably where most of the members thought you were from. We welcome opinions so write away as you feel inclined to.

I'm happy to hear you fled!  I would do the same but my career is here.  Thankfully I rent a house instead of own one so I escape a bunch of taxes that way.  Let me be clear, I know CT is much worse than NH for sure in that regard.

My only point in posting in this thread was to show that the normal tax payer in NH is footing some of the bill for fish and game.  I hear exactly where AA is coming from and he is right, on top of the normal taxes he gets to pay for licenses on top of it.  I get that, but for discussions sake I wanted to "argue" that the non sports people were paying the bill as well.  Wasnt looking to start a back and forth just provide a different perspective!

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #65 on: Jul 21, 2015, 09:59 PM »

I'm happy to hear you fled!  I would do the same but my career is here.  Thankfully I rent a house instead of own one so I escape a bunch of taxes that way.  Let me be clear, I know CT is much worse than NH for sure in that regard.

My only point in posting in this thread was to show that the normal tax payer in NH is footing some of the bill for fish and game.  I hear exactly where AA is coming from and he is right, on top of the normal taxes he gets to pay for licenses on top of it.  I get that, but for discussions sake I wanted to "argue" that the non sports people were paying the bill as well.  Wasnt looking to start a back and forth just provide a different perspective!

IA, different perspectives can be helpful. Glad you refined that to "some of the bill", as the taxpayers are absolutely not paying close to half the bill.
So, if we can agree that taxpayers are paying some of the bill...what's the problem with that?
Non F&G license holders reap many benefits from F&G!
Search & rescue, non motorized canoes and kayaks, looking out their car and home windows, hiking while enjoying wildlife that F&G is conserving, calling F&G when they have a fox etc. with distemper or rabies, enjoying the locked for life exhibit and far more too numerous to mention.
I'd call that a bargain for less than half a buck / person / year.  Well worth the price of admission.  ;)   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.