FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Basement drain? HELP!!  (Read 1629 times)

Chuckles

Basement drain? HELP!!
« on: May 16, 2005, 10:54 AM »
My home is 50yrs. old or so.. the basement drain, that the washing machine empties into, is real slow.  I have no idea where the drain empties.  It does NOT empty into the septic system.  The kitchen sink and basement both drain into the same place, because the kitchen drain gurgles when the washer is used. Is there a product to put in the drain to remove soap scum?  The basement drain is vented and the kitchen drain flows real well.  What's a guy to do??  Thanks for your help.

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
Re: Basement drain? HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 11:03 AM »
You need to find a clean out to get a snake down there to break up the sludge on the side of the pipe. If you have no clean out you could try going in at the washing mach. some times it is not easy to get the snake past the trap. Some kind of drain opener could work but I would try a snake. The local hardware store should have a small hand snake for around 15-20 bucks. Good luck.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

beerman

• mmmm..........Beer!!
Re: Basement drain? HELP!!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 07:03 AM »
There are some chemicals that will dissolve the nuts in pipes but as fisher said i would try a snake first.
I'll have a double Jack and Coke!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.