FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Installing Fish finder/GPS  (Read 3806 times)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Installing Fish finder/GPS
« on: May 25, 2016, 02:19 PM »
Hey all,

Just bought a 22' sea fox CC and want to install my brand new fish finder from the old boat onto this one. The local Marina charges 110 per hour and said it would be a 4 hour job. Does anyone have any tips if I attempt to do it on my own? My ultimate goal is to take the new unit off the Seaswirl and put it on the newer CC and take the unit on the CC and put it on the Seaswirl then sell it. Right now though, my priority is to get my unit on the newer boat as it has all my waypoints. ( the new fish finder was used 1 season on the older boat ) any help / tips would be great. It would be over $1000 to have the Marina swap them.
Wicked Wec

burgerunh

Re: Installing Fish finder/GPS
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 03:38 PM »
Tip number one don't cut any of the wires.  Tip number 2 make sure you leave yourself a string so you can pull the wires through where the other wires were. Other than that this is pretty simple. You will have a positive wire and a negative wire to the battery. You will have a wire that goes from your transducer to your fishfinder. Start at your transducer and work your way to the fishfinder with the wire.  This is an easy project. I would advise you to attempt it yourself

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 04:18 PM »
Tip number one don't cut any of the wires.  Tip number 2 make sure you leave yourself a string so you can pull the wires through where the other wires were. Other than that this is pretty simple. You will have a positive wire and a negative wire to the battery. You will have a wire that goes from your transducer to your fishfinder. Start at your transducer and work your way to the fishfinder with the wire.  This is an easy project. I would advise you to attempt it yourself

X2

If you run into trouble (I doubt), take pics and I am sure many of us can help...

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 05:21 PM »
Just throwing this out there but a lot of places glass or epoxy the transducer into the hull so its usually a one shot deal and they cant be removed... obviously I haven't seen your boat so no clue how it was done but my last 2 bass boats both came that way and it's the way I've always done it with replacements or new sonar, unless of coarse it's an side imaging unit then it has to go below the hull in the water. But even if yours is glassed in, a new transducer is cheap compared to 110 an hour at the marina.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.