FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Late to the party again.  (Read 1528 times)

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
Late to the party again.
« on: Aug 08, 2016, 09:38 AM »
After 2 real good trips to the canal early season and missing the big bite that went on a week ago this past Saturday and continued into mid week last week.
(I opted to hit Buzzards Bay with the boat instead. Did get some nice sea bass and a million scup). Took a ride down Sunday morning. Fished 2:45am or so until about 9:00. Late to the party again. saw no breaking fish. Saw no bait. Jigged my A$$ off and covered good ground from Mid cape to the east on the bike. Only saw 1 fish taken the entire time and it wasn't me. LOL. I hope those fish don't pass by the canal on the return trip this fall. Oh yea also for got about the Pan Mass Challenge. Made the bike path very interesting and crowed for about an hour yesterday morning. They all came right down the cape side.
 :o :o.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

westernmas

Re: Late to the party again.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2016, 07:46 AM »
It has been a tough year down there from what I have gathered.  A friend of mine was down there last Wednesday and got two and then got skunked the following day.  This week is creeping by.  I'm headed down for the week starting Friday.  Hopefully I get time to hit the ditch a good amount.  I've got a lot of family and friends down that don't really fish so I don't know how much time I'll get to dedicate. 
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2016, 11:09 AM »
Thats a rough one Jeff but it beats working.  The fish are still "around" but you have to know the specific summer holes and patterns to extract them.  Ill be going down soon myself.

capedeer/fish

« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2016, 08:39 AM »
Been EN FUEGO! TONS of fish over 35#
IndianHill Icetrap Pro Staff                                               SavageGear Product Tester         Dexter-Russell outdoors Pro Staff   ODM Rods Pro Staff

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 2016, 09:35 AM »

Great to hear.  I'm heading down tonight!
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2016, 10:56 AM »
Great to hear.  I'm heading down tonight!

Good luck. I might be able to get back down for the night/early morning bite.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2016, 11:50 AM »

Nice tear it up before the report crowd gets ya!  Im taking a pass to chase eyes again....then again there is always Saturday night!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.