FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: replacing rubber legs from a hollow body rubber frog  (Read 3647 times)

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
replacing rubber legs from a hollow body rubber frog
« on: Sep 01, 2017, 02:31 PM »
I have a Booyah small rubber frog which has been deadly this past month, and the robber strand legs are all but completely gone or shorn.

I had a larger frog that had the legs dissolve from contact with oil coating from rubber worms (scent impregnated ones).

So I wanted to replace the legs, but didn't want to just replace them with the same thing and end up doing this again in short order, so I chose another material.

I watched an online vid showing how to replace the strands with rubber legs and figured I could do the same with what I chose to use.

I replaced the legs of both frogs with strands of black braided Dacron (50lb. test)

I wish I had pictures to show how they look, but believe me, they do look good.
Although the strands are a little stiffer than rubber, they will act almost the same when they get wet, and cannot be pulled off like rubber strands can.

The real test will be to see if they can catch fish!

Maybe this weekend???
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: replacing rubber legs from a hollow body rubber frog
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2017, 03:46 PM »
Slillegs......find some at a fly shop Dom.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.