FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quabbin Opener  (Read 11369 times)

CMD1987

Re: Quabbin Opener
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2018, 06:34 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/MassWildlife/

Check out the salmon post. They are clipping adipose to distinguish between stocked and natural.

lowaccord66

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2018, 08:59 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/MassWildlife/

Check out the salmon post. They are clipping adipose to distinguish between stocked and natural.

Ah good share.  Im surprised I didnt think of that because thats how CT marks stocked trout as well. 

Only one problem... 2 trips deep no salmon.  Going to need to get into some and check the adipose.  That should be fun.  Also I think id prefer to release the wild ones. 

Baitbucket

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2018, 11:50 AM »

Only one problem... 2 trips deep no salmon.  Going to need to get into some and check the adipose.  That should be fun.  Also I think id prefer to release the wild ones.

Ive only had 3 on, and lost 2. I havent heard much chatter from the regulars either.

I recall a guy last year kept two very nice salmon, he said he feeds them to his dog..

lowaccord66

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2018, 12:41 PM »
To each is own I guess.  I think im taking a pass this weekend in favor of flyfishing.  I need to get ready for the canal!

Baitbucket

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2018, 12:56 PM »
Nice!  Ill be out there Sunday. Saturday looks like the wind will be a bit much.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2018, 01:07 PM »
saw a small one caught in the west end. will be fishing tommorow.

Baitbucket

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2018, 01:10 PM »
saw a small one caught in the west end. will be fishing tommorow.

Boat or shore? Those 15-20mph winds with gusts up to 40 are no joke.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2018, 01:19 PM »
shore in the canal. white swim shad.

lowaccord66

« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2018, 01:20 PM »
shore in the canal. white swim shad.

Ah nice.  Too early for me.  Long trip for schoolies.  End of the month ill be there all weekend.

james1981

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2018, 06:23 PM »
 some of the best salmon fishing is in those windy conditions.... I look for the rip between the calm and the rough water...

Baitbucket

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2018, 06:54 AM »

Its funny, i always hear that, but my best days (which is basically any day u get a salmon on the Q) have been calmer days lol. I got 3 one trip last year and it was flat cal

james1981

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2018, 10:03 AM »
it depends on how your boat takes the wind...  It can be busy trying to keep things going smoothly but with 2 people it manageable... It looks a little gusty today but a 8-10mph is a little nicer...

Baitbucket

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2018, 11:10 AM »
it depends on how your boat takes the wind...  It can be busy trying to keep things going smoothly but with 2 people it manageable... It looks a little gusty today but a 8-10mph is a little nicer...

My boat does well. I use the trolling motor with ipilot to steer the front and use the main motor to push when its snotty out. I adjust my baits depending on the speeds i get going into and with the wind. Its when you gotta turn around that things can get real hairy. I typically just pull the lines up and spin around as safely as possible. Then put the lines back out.

Heres what the Orange Airport is showing for today 0.0

https://www.windfinder.com/report/orange_airport

Baitbucket

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2018, 04:12 PM »

Its funny, i always hear that, but my best days (which is basically any day u get a salmon on the Q) have been calmer days lol. I got 3 one trip last year and it was flat calm.

I have to rescind the previous statement. Got back from fishing with Allan a little bit ago, video to follow shortly.

trophyhntr

« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2018, 07:56 PM »
I have to rescind the previous statement. Got back from fishing with Allan a little bit ago, video to follow shortly.
cant wait, love the vids!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.