FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: carp time again!  (Read 4183 times)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: carp time again!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 08:42 AM »
Those all look like Mirror carp to me. I do not think that is a common carp.
Wicked Wec

Bass to mouth

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 09:34 AM »
I know mine is a mirror, i just said my biggest this year is a common. That is a  very dark common Matt caught

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 11:50 AM »
I know mine is a mirror, i just said my biggest this year is a common. That is a  very dark common Matt caught

Yes I understand. However, Are you saying that the fist picture of Matt in this thread is a "dark common"? Because that is what I am referring to as a mirror carp, not a common.

Common carp have regular scale patterns and tend to be golden in color. Mirror carp tend to be darker and have irregular scale patterns, as in all of these pictures on this thread. 
Wicked Wec

Bass to mouth

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 12:16 PM »
The one matt says is an ugly common is a common

ICEHOLE

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 12:54 PM »
Yes I understand. However, Are you saying that the fist picture of Matt in this thread is a "dark common"? Because that is what I am referring to as a mirror carp, not a common.

Common carp have regular scale patterns and tend to be golden in color. Mirror carp tend to be darker and have irregular scale patterns, as in all of these pictures on this thread.

I am no professional..thus the confusion. haha. I sent the pic to an expert carp guy and he agrees that is a MIRROR..good education for me!

Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 01:37 PM »
The one matt says is an ugly common is a common

I would disagree. Sorry man but I was born and raised on carp and its the # 1 game fish from where my folks are from.
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 01:39 PM »
I am no professional..thus the confusion. haha. I sent the pic to an expert carp guy and he agrees that is a MIRROR..good education for me!

No worries man you live and you learn. Just remember, Common carp have a regular scale pattern across their entire body. Usually smaller scales vs a Mirror. Mirror carp have much larger scales and even if they are on the entire fish, the pattern will be irregular as in all of the photos in this post.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 02:32 PM »
They are all suck faces!   :)

ICEHOLE

« Reply #23 on: Jun 03, 2018, 06:06 AM »

slow last couple nights. seems to be less surface activity also. couple hook up each night. still unsure about what to expect for fishing when they are in spawn. 5 minutes before pick up  last night I landed this COMMON  ;)

Bass to mouth

« Reply #24 on: Jun 03, 2018, 07:28 PM »
Nice one! Get a weight? Hey I know that background, JK. My buds are getting post spawns now no huge ones but they're fun anyway you can get em, carping is all I care about now probably until the ice is here lol.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #25 on: Jun 04, 2018, 06:32 AM »
Nice fish man. id guess around 18lbs give or take.
Wicked Wec

ICEHOLE

« Reply #26 on: Jun 04, 2018, 01:08 PM »
Nice fish man. id guess around 18lbs give or take.
Nice one! Get a weight? Hey I know that background, JK. My buds are getting post spawns now no huge ones but they're fun anyway you can get em, carping is all I care about now probably until the ice is here lol.
scale said 15.4, but xjbob and I both commented on how we thought the scale was not zeroed when weighing. who knows. chaos on a boat in the dark with lines crossing.  so much fun. only 2 that's night and 2 the night before. could go for another 7 fish night!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #27 on: Jun 04, 2018, 01:49 PM »
Yeah i think 15 is about right. Its funny when you see people pull out Striped bass and they double the weight. 45lber! NOT, more like 25.
Wicked Wec

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #28 on: Jun 04, 2018, 09:50 PM »
Yeah i think 15 is about right. Its funny when you see people pull out Striped bass and they double the weight. 45lber! NOT, more like 25.
You just described all of the freshwater striper anglers you see on TV. Calling a 35in fish 30lbs lol

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #29 on: Jun 05, 2018, 06:18 AM »
You just described all of the freshwater striper anglers you see on TV. Calling a 35in fish 30lbs lol
[/quote

lol.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.