The Fisherman's Wharf > Clean-em Cook-em Eat-em

Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!

(1/1168) > >>

rgfixit:
I know...this is a fishing site.
But...most avid fishers love to cook. I thought it might be cool to share some cherished family recipes with our fellow fishers.

This should be about whatever you cook for your family or yourself that is one of your favorites. I know I have a bunch of good home cooked meals that my BRide and I enjoy.

Whatcha all think?

Rg

fishinjohn:
One of my favorites..
1 lb of bacon
Head of cabbage (shredded)
1lb of ground beef
16 oz of sour cream
Sweet onion
Salt..pepper...garlic

1 lb of bacon.. cut it up into pieces.. cook up in a deeper pan.. while that is cooking take 1 lb of hamburger and cook that up with some chopped onion..salt..pepper.. and of course garlic.. once the burg is cooked , drain it and set it off to the side.
Once the bacon is cooked take shredded cabbage and put into pan with your bacon and ALL the bacon grease and cook cabbage till desired texture.. once the cabbage is cooked  add the hamburger and sour cream.. stir all together and enjoy

SizeMatters:

--- Quote from: fishinjohn on Sep 23, 2019, 08:40 PM ---One of my favorites..
1 lb of bacon
Head of cabbage (shredded)
1lb of ground beef
16 oz of sour cream
Sweet onion
Salt..pepper...garlic

1 lb of bacon.. cut it up into pieces.. cook up in a deeper pan.. while that is cooking take 1 lb of hamburger and cook that up with some chopped onion..salt..pepper.. and of course garlic.. once the burg is cooked , drain it and set it off to the side.
Once the bacon is cooked take shredded cabbage and put into pan with your bacon and ALL the bacon grease and cook cabbage till desired texture.. once the cabbage is cooked  add the hamburger and sour cream.. stir all together and enjoy

--- End quote ---
Fried cabbage, bacon, and noodles is a favorite in our home.  Just had it this weekend.  Left to my own devices, I'd substitute bacon grease for butter every chance I get.  Particularly on sweet corn and potatoes.

rgfixit:
Everything is better with bacon! I make some double dark chocolate brownies with crumbled bacon on top. 👌

Last night we had one of our favorites. We call it "the egg thing". It's sort of a stove top frittata. One of those refrigerator meals that you can make using whatever you have  at hand.

Ours was pork sausage, broccoli, sweet bell pepper, onion and fresh wax beans topped with Munster cheese.

Spray a non stick skillet with cooking spray and brown the meat.
Add the vegetables with a bit of water ( 1/4 cup or so) to deglaze the pan. Cover and steam sauté the veggies with the meat.
Whisk 5 whole eggs with about 1/2 cup of milk adding salt, pepper and fresh parsley (if you have it)

When the veggies are tender, deglaze the pan again if necessary, give them another spritz of cooking spray and toss.

Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and meat, top with your favorite shredded cheese, cover and reduce the heat to low.
Rotate the pan every few minutes to cook evenly until the eggs have set.

A quick yummy meal.

Rg

gotagetm:
your right rg everything is better with bacon
i save bacon grease from breakfast in a ice cube tray in freezer i cover with tin foil or clear wrap and i have my bacon cubes to start things off cooking when i need oil or greese
great when frying homemade perogies!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version