FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cape Cod Canal Closed to Commercial Striped Bass Fishing  (Read 6269 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Cape Cod Canal Closed to Commercial Striped Bass Fishing
« Reply #30 on: Jun 15, 2020, 06:22 AM »
There was once a lady who was selling hot dogs down by scusset.  This had to be around 2009.  She said getting a permit was nearly impossible...and then she disappeared.  I assumed it had to do with the same thing.  No commercial activity there.

taxid

« Reply #31 on: Jun 15, 2020, 06:39 AM »
the army corps want to stop all commercial gain from the canal. they banned all the boats from selling off the dock in the marina as well. ill net the big floaters at the mouths every Monday and Wednesday and put them to use.

So the army corps is involved in fishing quotas? That seems odd.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Baitbucket

« Reply #32 on: Jun 15, 2020, 06:43 AM »

I think they just dont want it being used for financial gain. I believe "guiding" on the canal is illegal as well. I know guiding on any state run water (like quabbin) is also illegal.

Im not totally against it. Alot of people get weird (not in a good way) when money is involved.

lowaccord66

« Reply #33 on: Jun 15, 2020, 09:44 AM »

No not even close.  The ASMFC handles that.  The corps owns the canal.

taxid

« Reply #34 on: Jun 15, 2020, 12:37 PM »
I think they just dont want it being used for financial gain. I believe "guiding" on the canal is illegal as well. I know guiding on any state run water (like quabbin) is also illegal.

Im not totally against it. Alot of people get weird (not in a good way) when money is involved.

True.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #35 on: Jun 15, 2020, 12:37 PM »
No not even close.  The ASMFC handles that.  The corps owns the canal.

Thanks.

lowaccord66

« Reply #36 on: Jun 15, 2020, 01:49 PM »
Thanks.

Anytime.  Fun story about the canal.  One night I'm talking with a random guy about how rods we're being stolen from cars and he mentions and shows me that he's carrying a pistol.  I asked him if he was aware that carrying on federal property is a serious felony.  He departed rather quickly.

Anyhow I was staring at my canal bike and gear...I should go soon.

Baitbucket

« Reply #37 on: Jun 15, 2020, 07:21 PM »
Anytime.  Fun story about the canal.  One night I'm talking with a random guy about how rods we're being stolen from cars and he mentions and shows me that he's carrying a pistol.  I asked him if he was aware that carrying on federal property is a serious felony.  He departed rather quickly.

Its amazing how many people dont know the laws. As sportsman, we are required to know them or face the consequences. Ignorance is not an excuse in the court of law... Not to turn this into a political hijack, but i wish that our officers of the law were held to the same standard...

lowaccord66

« Reply #38 on: Jun 15, 2020, 09:16 PM »
I'm with that Will.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.