FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Jboggey’s Sandy Pond  (Read 22094 times)

hinkydo

Re: Jboggey’s Sandy Pond
« Reply #30 on: Oct 31, 2021, 02:01 PM »
jboggey
   hinkydo glad to see you're still on top.
The perch fishing been pretty good to me.

hinkydo FISH ON

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #31 on: Oct 31, 2021, 06:40 PM »
Yo Rusty,
Just a little shore fishing till the water hardens my friend.
Boggey

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #32 on: Nov 01, 2021, 06:59 AM »
Jboggey, good to see you. Hope all is well....h2l

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #33 on: Mar 21, 2022, 12:52 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals

Just got in from Iceshanty. Boy, was it a great ice fishing season on the Pond this year. The Starcraft is sitting up on blocks waiting for me to unwrap it, pump some grease in the buddy bearings and wait for that big chunk of ice to disappear before I launch on the Pond.

I will be making status reports on the dredging of the “cut” after I check with Cathy @ Green Point Marina. In the interim, I will be making my annual trek up to Goose today to check the Status of “Ice out” at Kring’s Point.

It would be easier just to call my old buddy Joefish and ask, but that would deny me the opportunity to bring the small poles to fish through the hard water from the municipal launch to truly close my ice fishing season out. I’ll get back to you on that this evening. Maybe get to cut a few holes with Joe.

Boggey

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #34 on: Mar 21, 2022, 06:03 AM »
Good Luck....h2l

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #35 on: Mar 21, 2022, 06:07 AM »
 :flag:
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

hinkydo

« Reply #36 on: Mar 21, 2022, 07:38 AM »
Keep us posted Jboggey, hinkydo is back from Florida.

hinkydo

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #37 on: Mar 21, 2022, 04:25 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals

Well the trip up to Goose was not as anticipated. StellaDog and I got to TI bait store just in time to catch Joefish for a quick “howdy”, unfortunately , he put the short poles and ice.fishing equip up yesterday and we didn’t get a chance to cut any ice with him.

Further disappointment, StellaDog and I discovered there wasn’t much of a crowd when we got to Goose. In fact, we had it all to ourselves. After trekking out to midway we quickly found out why. The ice was good, over 10inches. We were marking lots of fish, unfortunately, small ones. I mean really small ones. So small that we weren’t hooking them, they were choking themselves trying to swallow the fat heads that were almost as big as they were. Seriously, after about an hour of choking dinks and giving them mouth to mouth resuscitation before we threw them back through the ice, we got winded, shortness of breath as it were and turned our efforts to reconnoitering the Kring’s Point open water situation as I had promised to do.

From our vantage point we saw 1 truck parked out at the very end of the Point and one fisherman fishing from their. The open water did not extend inland very far, certainly not back to the dock area or the boat ramp. Hence, no boats, canoes or kayaks in the small open water off the Point.

While there, the airboat came ripping across the ice and made a few futile runs along the iced edge to hasten the growth of the  open water area. Pretty much David verses Goliath as the ice is still in access of 8 inches most places.

Sorry to report, it ain’t “ice Out at Kring’s Point” yet. StellaDog and I are going to join Joefish now and put the short poles away and get our boats and long poles out. Gettin ready for “Ice Out”.

Boggey

Post Script: Nice you are back Rusty. Nice to hear from you Doug and Bart.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #38 on: Mar 26, 2022, 09:33 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals

Thought I would give you an update on the channel “cut” access at the Pond . The dredging is ongoing at this writing and has been so for the last several weeks. The excavation with the longneck excavator according to Cathy Goodnough , President of the Sandy Pond  Channel Maintenance Association will continue right up to the annual appearance of the Sand Plover, at which time all excavations and activities will be terminated at the channel and beach area.

So you can imagine it is a daily race against time to achieve the required work prior to the arrival of the Plover or Plovers as “2” nesting pairs were witnessed last year.

A more detailed explanation of the ongoing channel maintenance can be viewed by accessing the SPCMA website, including pictures at:
www.spcma.homestead.com

The SPCMA also has a mailing address for those of us who use the access channel as well as Friends of the Pond who may want to make a monetary contribution to the ongoing excavation. For further information and contribution levels go to the website.

Boggey

Sandy Pond Channel Maintenance Association
P.O. Box 686
Sandy Creek, NY  13145

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #39 on: Apr 06, 2022, 10:42 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals

Great day Tuesday. Not necessarily on the Pond, but got to fish with my long time MFF contact Bluegillionafly. Long story short, we caught some nice yellow belly perch. Ran into Hinkydo in the process. Thought I’d send you a couple pretty pictures of them yellow bellies. Before and after.

Second picture is yellow belly being held by Bluegillionafly who gave me a lesson on fishing with a slip bobber. Very edifying. A nice tool to have in my arsenal 👍

That was before: next picture was after. That was my share of the days booty, a sink full.

jperch

« Reply #40 on: Apr 06, 2022, 12:45 PM »
What, no pickerals??  Great catch Jim and great weather.

hinkydo

« Reply #41 on: Apr 06, 2022, 01:38 PM »
Good seeing you Jboggy.
I did eat all those apple fritters I bought.

hinkydo

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #42 on: Apr 06, 2022, 03:15 PM »
Yo jperch

Yup, the pickerel were out, but luckily John was the only one they were interested in . He got 3 of them as I recall.

Before Bluegillionafly tells on me, I better fess up. We carefully loaded the boat, brought out 2 minnow buckets , minnow scoops , put on our life jackets. Checked to see if we brought out our snacks and water and when we got out to our fishing hole, John asks me “where are your fishing poles”,
Duh! I had left them in the back of my truck. Now we had carefully nestled Our way into the wolf pack ready to pounce on the unwary perch underneath the alumacraft.

The trip out from the launch had cost about 2 gallons of gas and about 20 minutes of careful navigation skills to arrive at the penultimate point of perch predation otherwise, we ain’t about to go back to the ramp to get my poles.

John, somewhat reluctantly, pulls out his brand new crappie combo which he has not yet used and places it gingerly in my hands. Keep in mind, this pole is about 15 foot long (exaggeration) with 10 eyes on it and set up for anything but fat yellow bellied perch. Super sensitive pole. Keep in mind, old Boggey is used to buying the Walmart $39.99 special (on sale) combo. In fact, I buy 2 of them in case one breaks. John hands me his newest pride and joy, probably a $200 fishing combo with the caveat “please use the net if you catch any big ones”.

Wow! Talk about pressure. Well after about 5 minutes of fast and furious fish catching almost all my concerns turned to trying to keep up with Bluegillion and listening to his tutorial and demonstration on fishing with a slip bobber.

Net net, Bluegillionafly and  I had a great day getting to know one another, swapping fish stories, weaving a couple yards of yarn in the process and forming a friendship I am sure will endure a lifetime.

Yo Bluegillionafly, can’t wait till next time my friend. I promise to put fishing poles on my check list.

Boggey

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #43 on: Apr 07, 2022, 08:04 PM »
Boggey....you are too modest, you put us right on “the” spot. Enjoyed the golden oldies coming out of your voice box. And the gentle nature you displayed using my gold plated, diamond encrusted rod & reel. A great day on the water, the sun felt so good. Next time I’ll give you some pointers on how to catch pickerel!  8)

jigger

« Reply #44 on: Apr 08, 2022, 04:17 PM »
Great pictures buddy glad to see some good perch pictures,I got my boat all set so I will try my luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.