The Fisherman's Wharf > Camping

New (used) Motor Home

<< < (3/3)

Mac Attack:
2002 Damon Challenger.
Made in US
Thor bought them in like 2012-2015 or something.

Mac Attack:
Overall trip was beneficial.
The trip was a test run to make sure everything works as it should and that we have the supplies we need on it.
Other than canstant rain and forgetting the TV remote control, it was a decent little trip.

Here are the the items that need correction - we have a 4pm appt at Bison fleet later today -

Generator doesn't start.  It ran before they worked on it - so I'm sure it's something easy like a spark plug wire or fuel shut off valve.
Engine AC doesn't blow cold - nor does the Vent selection - I think the hot/cold biasing damper valve is stuck in yhot position.
Missing the positive cable lead on the two house batteries to complete the parallel connection - negative lead is there.

Everything else the replaced, updated, repaired, etc. was great.

I wish it didn't rain so hard.
We were right on the Alegheny River, maybe 15-20' from it.
I had some tied up salmon eggs and a dozen crawlers.
But Saturday morning it running really strong and muddy.
I left the poles in the basement storage of the motorhome and played scrabble with Donna.

Mac Attack:
I have named her “Princess Betty”.
After Donna’s mom.
Anyway, we got her all winterized this morning.
Went well actually.
She will sit in my boat’s spot for a few weeks plugged into the power here to keep things charged.
Bison Fleet is waiting for a heater/AC mixing valve to arrive in a few weeks.  Then we will take her there to have it installed.  Afterwards, she comes back out here for the winter until our trip to Florida in April.  The owner of the camp here said we can put her into the locked storage facility.  Safe and sound!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version