FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing the Burg  (Read 4384 times)

AquaAssassin

Re: Fishing the Burg
« Reply #15 on: Sep 02, 2021, 11:27 AM »
Sounds good pal. I have dogs and do not bring them. Last time I did I had to pull 100 quills out of him and then a 2 hour ride to the vet. Not happening. The last time I went I basically bagged a grouse every spot i walked on my own off the roads. I also do not enjoy driving all day for birds. Funny thing is not 1 hare.

I do remember that! Suck!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #16 on: Sep 03, 2021, 06:12 AM »
Glad you made it up there Frank and caught some trout. I was up there for a quick trip Monday - Wednesday with the wife and another couple. I managed to get out for half a day on Tuesday morning while they went "moosing". Caught 3 bows, 2 browns and 4 brookies. I couldn't hit some of my "sweet spots" due to my limited mobility so I was limited to road fishing. The "Rock Snot" sucked. Did you get into any of it?... I found this note at the CT/Halls Stream parking lot. Feel sorry for the guy. Maybe someone on the site might be able to help him. I looked around but didn't find anything. He could keep the money if I found it.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #17 on: Sep 03, 2021, 06:27 AM »
Hey buddy, would of been sweet to bump into you guys. Tuesday I didn’t fish it was our travel day after work. The Rock snot was navigable with my Korkers wading boots, I just changed the soles depending on conditions. I saw that note as well, though it wasn’t that exact note. It caught my attention because I know a guy by that name. I saw nothing, granted it was 2.5 weeks later.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #18 on: Sep 03, 2021, 07:12 AM »
I though my about you while I was up there though Denny, stopped at a specific water body and was telling the wife of your map you made

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #19 on: Sep 03, 2021, 07:14 AM »
Hey buddy, would of been sweet to bump into you guys. Tuesday I didn’t fish it was our travel day after work. The Rock snot was navigable with my Korkers wading boots, I just changed the soles depending on conditions. I saw that note as well, though it wasn’t that exact note. It caught my attention because I know a guy by that name. I saw nothing, granted it was 2.5 weeks later.

You probably saw the one that he put on a piece of plywood the price went up to $500 on that. That guy must have a lot of black & blues on him it sounds like he is beating himself up pretty good... I meant the rock snot on the lures. I had to clean it off every couple casts.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #20 on: Sep 03, 2021, 07:40 AM »
You probably saw the one that he put on a piece of plywood the price went up to $500 on that. That guy must have a lot of black & blues on him it sounds like he is beating himself up pretty good... I meant the rock snot on the lures. I had to clean it off every couple casts.

Ah gotcha, yeah only ran into that issue below Murphy every cast I’d haveto slap it on the water after. Wasn’t a single fish caught or seen there the whole time I was there

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #21 on: Sep 03, 2021, 06:18 PM »
I though my about you while I was up there though Denny, stopped at a specific water body and was telling the wife of your map you made

I stopped there but as usual it was windy so I headed back to camp for some beverages and help make supper.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #22 on: Sep 03, 2021, 06:23 PM »
Ah gotcha, yeah only ran into that issue below Murphy every cast I’d haveto slap it on the water after. Wasn’t a single fish caught or seen there the whole time I was there

Didn't have the time or legs to do that trip. I did a lot of slapping too where I was at. Hoping to maybe squeeze one more trip in up there.

lowaccord66

« Reply #23 on: Sep 03, 2021, 11:00 PM »
Late to the party but good stuff Frank!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.