FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Morning trolling  (Read 1229 times)

Dirt23

Morning trolling
« on: Oct 11, 2021, 05:52 AM »
Made it to Tarleton yesterday morning with a few hours to burn.  Got lines in around daybreak put 2 dipsey out 1 with cop car crazy Ivan and another with silver mousilauke running 15 to 20 feet.  First pass up lake notice large pod of bait boiling Wich was hard to tell at first because of chop but as soon as I got to it boom. I hooked into small rainbow as I'm reeling other line is getting hit miss that one so figure I'll spin around.  Got turned went through bait boom again as I'm landing another small bow other line getting hit again with another miss. I proceed to do this 3 more times getting hits on both rods when I hit bait ball it was surprising to me all this springs stockies were chasing what I believe to be smelt ball.  Anyway I'll take it even though no size best trip to Tarleton surface temp 59 getting to be good trolling temps

zwiggles

Re: Morning trolling
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2021, 08:55 AM »
Nice! There has to be some decent sized ones in there with all those smelt.

Steve H.

Re: Morning trolling
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2021, 09:51 AM »
Nice report.  Great to see trout busting on bait like that. 
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.