FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Flock  (Read 13762 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Flock
« Reply #30 on: Mar 02, 2022, 12:16 PM »
Watched our resident pair of eagles flying together over the canal the past few days.

Sure is nice to see them around.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #31 on: Mar 05, 2022, 11:33 AM »
Built a sample bluebird house for the club.

It’s a National Bluebird Society design. I thought it ought to be blue.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #32 on: Mar 05, 2022, 12:24 PM »
That’s all it takes.👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #33 on: Mar 05, 2022, 01:29 PM »
That’s exactly right Dom. Less than half the cost of a Peterson style box.  Just 1, 42” piece of 1x6 and They actually recommend a 2x10 roof for better insulation from the suns. Thought that was interesting. I used a 5/4 stair tread cutoff my neighbor gave me.

I might try some PVC pipe houses for other birds. We’ve got a ton of it laying around outside the shop. I think they’d work ok in shaded areas around the course. We’re going to pit out a bunch of houses. They’ll be numbered and mapped  and a maintenance/activity log will be kept.

The goal is to obtain an Audubon Certification in the coming years. This is just the start.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #34 on: Mar 05, 2022, 02:51 PM »
And you don’t have to paint them ..
That way they blend in..,,
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Bartman44

« Reply #35 on: Mar 05, 2022, 03:09 PM »
That's a nice build RG, I wanted to put some in back of my house and was thinking I could build them, as I'm not entirely "all thumbs."

I found this eastern screech owl, taking a nap in a tree hole today, while I was going for a walk.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #36 on: Mar 05, 2022, 03:39 PM »
And you don’t have to paint them ..
That way they blend in..,,

One of the objectives is too make them really visible. We want people to notice them.

Pretty straight forward Bart.

I’ll put up a link to plans.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #37 on: Mar 06, 2022, 04:56 PM »
The wife and I took the grandkids to the Mt. Morris dam this afternoon so they could use the playground. The vultures are back for sure. We counted 32 flying over the dam
 The sky was thick with them. There was a big flock of robins in the yard when we got home.

filetandrelease

« Reply #38 on: Mar 06, 2022, 05:29 PM »

Bart very cool pic

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #39 on: Mar 06, 2022, 05:54 PM »
Here you go Bart

http://www.nestboxbuilder.com/pdf/carl-little-bluebird-box-plan.pdf

Pretty simple and not really expensive.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #40 on: Mar 07, 2022, 02:22 PM »
We’ve uncovered a dozen or so bird houses in our reorganizing at the club. I’m going to start refurbishing them and giving them a coat of a solid body exterior stain. ( happen to have a gallon). Also discovered a good sized pile of fence post stakes. I’ll be numbering them, scoping out locations and setting up a log book for maintenance in the next week.

I’m really pleased that the new Super is all in on this idea. I’m even more happy that it’ll be my responsibility. What a great job for an old fart like me. Mow greens and take care of my feathered friends.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #41 on: Mar 07, 2022, 03:29 PM »
Bob,
That’s really awesome! What great job…good for you!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #42 on: Mar 07, 2022, 04:19 PM »
I like it..👍👍

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #43 on: Mar 07, 2022, 04:25 PM »
Yeah,,me too.

Never know what bonuses life will present. Just need to recognize them and run with it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #44 on: Mar 07, 2022, 04:37 PM »
Sign them up for the national bluebird society and you might get free houses and recognition.. Just a thought.. ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.