FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Flock  (Read 13760 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Flock
« Reply #45 on: Mar 07, 2022, 04:39 PM »

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #46 on: Mar 07, 2022, 09:11 PM »
Awesome !!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #47 on: Mar 08, 2022, 04:38 AM »
I’m gonna do that Dom. We have a Cornell associate coming out this week to take samples of active snow mold from a couple places around the course. They’re doing a study on effective fungicides for snow mold.

Our last Super did a lousy job spraying last fall. It’s gonna take a lot of work to recover.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #48 on: Mar 08, 2022, 05:15 AM »
Nice bob.👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Bartman44

« Reply #49 on: Mar 08, 2022, 06:29 PM »
Here you go Bart

http://www.nestboxbuilder.com/pdf/carl-little-bluebird-box-plan.pdf

Pretty simple and not really expensive.

Thanks, looks straightforward and a little smaller than my granddaughter's doll house project.   

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #50 on: Mar 12, 2022, 08:40 AM »
Lots of grackles, redwings, jays,cardinals, junkos, finches and others braving the storm..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #51 on: Mar 12, 2022, 04:11 PM »
Had the first bunch of grackles at the feeders this morning
And the good news is….

Been planning out locations and routes. There’s a hand held GPS in the near future. Need to plot routes latitude  and longitude for reporting. Really pleased  to be part of this program. I’m happy to give back. I have a tremendous opportunity with the course.

What a great thing for an old fart to do.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #52 on: Mar 12, 2022, 05:13 PM »
Thats cool..  :thumbup_smilie:

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #53 on: Mar 12, 2022, 08:34 PM »
Good stuff!!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #54 on: Mar 24, 2022, 04:30 AM »
Bought a cool tool for my Nestwatch project.

An endoscope. 4” color display with dimmable LEDs, forward and side cameras. Takes pictures and video. USB rechargeable, came with a 32 gig micro sd card. It has a 16’ semi rigid cable.

Now I can peek in the houses and nests without opening the boxes or using a mirror on a pole. Going out this afternoon to record gps coordinates, box heights, habitat and such to start submitting data to Cornell.

Gotta figure ours how to format it to take jpeg rather that avi photos and videos. My iPad and iPhone don’t support avi. Pretty sure my boss at the club will be able to help me with that. He’s really good with computers.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #55 on: Mar 30, 2022, 05:28 AM »
I’ve been given the go ahead to start building the first purple Martin house for the course. It’s going to be a T-14 style house similar to this.

We’ll be using a 2” ID steel tube about 20’ long. It’ll have a winch mechanism to raise and lower it. There used to be a few scattered around the course. I’ll be really happy to see them up again.

And I get to tend them👍

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #56 on: Mar 30, 2022, 02:56 PM »
Nice bird condo ..  Don’t see them around here… :(

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #57 on: Mar 30, 2022, 05:09 PM »
They’re not due back here till mid May. It’s recommended that we not put up the house till early June. Gives me plenty of time to figure out how to build it😒

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2022, 02:47 PM »
So …the past few days I’ve been observing the osprey building a nest at Lock 30 in Macedon.

Today there was yet another male trying his best to usurp the nest.

sorry for the cell phone photos. I’ll be taking my good camera and tripod to capture progress in the next few days.

I’ve added this nest location to my Nestwatch portfolio.
So very cool to see.

Now, if I can only find the Bald Eagle nest location…..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2022, 12:08 PM »
Well, the power company ( I assume) destroyed the nest and placed two orange cones atop the pole. I would have preferred they place a platform on top to help them rather than evict them.

Even left the pile of branches and sticks at the base of the pole. Stinks! Would have been a joy to watch and a nice addition to my Nestwatch Project.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.