FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Won't be long...  (Read 2324 times)

swnoel

Won't be long...
« on: Mar 08, 2022, 06:12 AM »
With this warmer weather and rain , it won't be long before the boats are ready for the season and the lakes are free of ice.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Won't be long...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2022, 06:27 AM »
Walked 100 miles on the ice this year bring on the boat…. ;D ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2022, 08:47 AM »
Bring it on. Can't get here soon enough. Want to see more smiles.

zwiggles

« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2022, 09:52 PM »
I’m still looking forward to some ice time, but cannot wait for some open water fishing  8)

bikrsrule

« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2022, 03:12 PM »
I was up in Wolfeboro today and there is still plenty of ice, guys were out fishing. I dont want to be a sceptic but I doubt we will be trolling April 1st...Please prove me wrong, I am dying to get out there!!!!!

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2022, 08:09 AM »
Our ice went out here in Indiana and this morning I woke up to 3 inches of snow. Lows in the teens for the next few days!  But then up into the 60's.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

swnoel

« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2022, 05:33 PM »
I was up in Wolfeboro today and there is still plenty of ice, guys were out fishing. I dont want to be a sceptic but I doubt we will be trolling April 1st...Please prove me wrong, I am dying to get out there!!!!!

We have some serious warm weather this week and many of the smaller ponds around me have lost their shore ice out 15 to 30 feet! Spring has sprung!

bikrsrule

« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2022, 09:25 AM »
We have some serious warm weather this week and many of the smaller ponds around me have lost their shore ice out 15 to 30 feet! Spring has sprung!
what area of the state? I was out on turtletown pond in concord on wed, 10" of punky ice and shoreline was solid..

swnoel

« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2022, 09:58 AM »
seacoast NH... just went to a small pond in North Berwick 2 days ago and the ice was really punky and the shoreline is going fast. I'd guess some of the smaller ponds up north of us are still holding up, but my guess that won't last either.

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Mar 21, 2022, 06:38 PM »
May the seas be flat and the tuna be plentiful.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2022, 09:12 AM »
Snowmobile is put away so now it's time for the boat. Can't wait to be honest.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2022, 09:58 PM »
May the seas be flat and the tuna be plentiful.

Nice photo Jon

Steve H.

« Reply #12 on: Mar 23, 2022, 02:48 PM »
Winter cover is coming off the boat soon.  Hopefully next weekend.  Once that's off I can start getting it ready.  Hoping A-Bay ices out quick, at least to Echo.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

winnicookie

« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2022, 04:27 PM »
The bay took a beating the last few days. Big split of open water right down the middle from sandy point to just south of echo. Lived here over 20 years. Never saw that before.

Steve H.

« Reply #14 on: Mar 24, 2022, 10:25 AM »
The bay took a beating the last few days. Big split of open water right down the middle from sandy point to just south of echo. Lived here over 20 years. Never saw that before.

Wow, thanks for the update.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.