FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Flycraft?  (Read 4141 times)

peterkeene

Flycraft?
« on: Apr 20, 2022, 08:10 AM »
Anyone here own a Flycraft inflatable? I'm interested in buying one but would love to hear an honest review and/or see one in real life. Thanks!

Steve H.

Re: Flycraft?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2022, 05:54 AM »
Never fished out of one but I saw one up in Pittsburg.  A guy and his girl from CT had pulled into the Buck Rub Pub for lunch and had one strapped to the rack of their jeep.  They were up to mouse the river (at night) and said they usually did pretty well. 

Their Flycraft raft, on the other hand, didn't impress me much.  Very narrow beam and seemed overall really small, kinda like one of those Sea Eagle inflatable kayaks.  Granted, this was years ago and I'm sure it was the first generation raft and I know there are other bigger models in production.  At the time I was considering some kind of boat/raft but I went with a small aluminum Lund.  Couldn't be happier with my choice.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

AquaAssassin

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2022, 09:18 AM »
Mousing at night, Lund, that’s my kind of party.
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Steve H.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2022, 10:41 AM »

So far I've taken it out on the Andro, Penobscott and Merrimack, though not at night.  I plan to hit the CT soon.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

AquaAssassin

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2022, 02:32 PM »
So far I've taken it out on the Andro, Penobscott and Merrimack, though not at night.  I plan to hit the CT soon.

No better aluminum on the market.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2022, 01:58 AM »

Its fun, miss more than you catch.  Started a couple years ago after getting tired of all the new googans surfcasting for stripers.  I have yet to see someone else mousing when I am.  Its great.

mowbizz

« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2022, 07:26 AM »
Mousing? Are you literally casting live mice for denizens of the deep? 😂 sounds like fun!

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2022, 08:02 AM »
Not live ones anf honeslty the browns go pretty shallow at night in the rivers, but ya.

Steve H.

« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2022, 09:25 AM »

AquaAssassin

« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2022, 10:01 AM »
Yep I have a handful of spots I do it I just don’t talk about it   ;D. Hardly anyone does it and it’s great.

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Apr 22, 2022, 09:28 PM »
Yep I have a handful of spots I do it I just don’t talk about it   ;D. Hardly anyone does it and it’s great.

Its because its legitimately scary.  The best spots for me are far from lights and things do go bump in the night.  Its weird that middle of the ocean im fine, surfcasting fine but it always feels like something(s) watching me. 

gbp

« Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2022, 11:53 AM »
I thought it was illegal to fish for trout at night in NH?  Or is it just illegal to keep them at night. 
chasingflags on iceshanty

AquaAssassin

« Reply #12 on: Apr 28, 2022, 12:19 PM »
I thought it was illegal to fish for trout at night in NH?  Or is it just illegal to keep them at night.

Depends on whether it’s a river or not and which ones ;) ;) dont give too many hints away  ;D

lowaccord66

« Reply #13 on: Apr 28, 2022, 02:05 PM »
Depends on whether it’s a river or not and which ones ;) ;) dont give too many hints away  ;D

This!

lowaccord66

« Reply #14 on: Apr 29, 2022, 06:29 AM »
Killer mouse box!

Thanks Steve.  Bunch of them are from flyfishfood.  The ones with the glow tabs are from a guide in montana.  They work really well.  Ironically the big one works better than the small one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.