FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A Pretty Good Day All Around  (Read 950 times)

bogtrotter

A Pretty Good Day All Around
« on: Oct 15, 2022, 06:08 PM »
Beautiful day - - mostly sunny, temps in the mid-50's (morning) to mid 60's (afternoon), gorgeous foliage.

This morning, after a hearty breakfast (sweet potatoe hash, home fries, rye bread with strawberry jam, and coffee), I went mushrooming with my older daughter and a friend - - and we did the best I've done all year - - harvesting an oyster, some hen of the woods and a bunch of shaggy manes.

This afternoon, I went fishing on the South Hoosic in Cheshire and Adams with my younger son.

The stream was slightly high and surprisingly cold.

My son caught a 12" rainbow in the Jungle in Cheshire, and I caught three further downstream in Adams (an 11" one halfway between the Burnett Bednarz bridge and the footbridge, a 14" one beneath the small roll dam upstream from Elm Rock and 13" one at  Elm Rock).

When I cane home, my older daughter had turned the shaggy manes into deliciious cream of mushroom soup.

Famished, after having not eaten since breakfast, I had a bowl of that soup for supper along with leg of lamb in a caper sauce, butter chicken on white rice, asparagus, and spinach fried with shitake mushrooms and feta cheese, all washed down with a couple glasses of home-made red wine (a blend of cranberry, grape, pomegranate and black raspberry).

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
Re: A Pretty Good Day All Around
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2022, 09:50 PM »
Great day all around and that supper wow.

lowaccord66

Re: A Pretty Good Day All Around
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2022, 10:39 AM »
Sounds like a good one Jim.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.