FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A Walk on the Mild Side  (Read 1025 times)

bogtrotter

A Walk on the Mild Side
« on: Oct 29, 2022, 04:59 PM »
For a morning that started out so chilly (37 degrees, when I scraped the frost off my car's windshield to head to breakfast), it turned out to be an unseasonably pleasant day (sunny and 70 degrees by the time I went fishing in the mid-afternoon).

After a hearty breakfast at the Daily Grind, followed by a late morning and early afternoon spent on a successful foraging expedition (for ramps and oyster mushrooms) with my older friend Ed (who knows far more about wild edibles than I will ever learn), I fished from 2 to 3:30 PM.

Given the mild weather, I wet-waded the upper two-thirds of my "milk run" along the South Hoosic in Adams and ended up with four rainbows in the 13" to 15" range (one caught at Mullen Mayflower, another two reeled in just above and then underneath the Burnett Bednarz bridge and the last one landed at Elm Rock).

Then it was back home for an early dinner cook out - - steak with home made kimchi, boiled greens and a salad (made from ingredients that were partly store bought, partly garden grown and partly foraged), all washed down with a glass of homemade red wine (a blend of sour cherry, cranberry, red grape, pomegranate, strawberry and black raspberry), followed by chocolate cheesecake topped with cherry pie filling and then a date cake for dessert.

lowaccord66

Re: A Walk on the Mild Side
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2022, 08:28 PM »
Good eats as usual, and the milk run proved to be just that. Hows the leaf situation.

bogtrotter

Re: A Walk on the Mild Side
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2022, 09:23 PM »
Giod eats as usual, and the milk run proved to be just that. Hows the leaf situation.

I'd say a little over half the leaves are down now. 

Another week or two, and the streams should be clear once more.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.