MFF US Northeast > Maine

October.....Not Quite "Rocktober", But I'll Take It

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jim C.:
Thanks, Randall.

As a rule, I don't like warmer than normal weather in the fall.  And bright, bluebird skies never seem to produce well.  I bet when this weather finally turns to the way November should be and a bit snotty, there will be blitzes around  :-)

--- Quote from: TightLinesMaine on Nov 03, 2022, 11:15 AM ---that big Splake looks like a good 3+ lbs! crazy! way to wrap up October Jim.  Fly rod bonus too! must've been a blast.

I've been fishing the local lakes/ponds, haven't landed anything yet but have hooked one (you know the species) and stung another (I've seen some BIG ones!)

I'm wondering how this mini heat wave comin' up is going to affect the fishing... I can remember 70* degree days in October in recent years but certainly not November...

--- End quote ---

NBourque:

--- Quote from: Jim C. on Nov 03, 2022, 02:13 PM ---Thanks, Randall.

As a rule, I don't like warmer than normal weather in the fall.  And bright, bluebird skies never seem to produce well.  I bet when this weather finally turns to the way November should be and a bit snotty, there will be blitzes around  :-)

--- End quote ---
Can’t wait  ;D ;D

lowaccord66:
Great report Jim.  Never thought about an egg in stillwater.  Will be trying.  Egg bite in the rivers here is just getting going.

Jim C.:
Thanks, Jon.  I hope the stillwater egg fishing also works for you!  Keep me posted.  I've noted that fishing a tight line with a BB right on the bottom rather than suspending the egg under an indicator has been working better for me.

--- Quote from: lowaccord66 on Nov 03, 2022, 04:30 PM ---Great report Jim.  Never thought about an egg in stillwater.  Will be trying.  Egg bite in the rivers here is just getting going.

--- End quote ---

lowaccord66:

--- Quote from: Jim C. on Nov 03, 2022, 06:48 PM ---Thanks, Jon.  I hope the stillwater egg fishing also works for you!  Keep me posted.  I've noted that fishing a tight line with a BB right on the bottom rather than suspending the egg under an indicator has been working better for me.

--- End quote ---

You're welcome. What's your thoughts on a beaded egg?  I have some without as well. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version