My Fish Finder Main > General Fishing Discussion

6 and 7 pound bass caught at the same time with the same rapala

<< < (2/3) > >>

taxid:

--- Quote from: iceman260 on Nov 04, 2022, 02:47 AM ---Taxid those are some nice fish, are they expensive to feed.

--- End quote ---

Conversion rate is supposed to be 2:1 using dry feed for these fish. (Wild natural feed is at least a 10:1 ratio due to the water content). Can't verify that. Feed is now a little over a dollar a pound. So a 5 pound fish over 7 years took 10 lbs. of feed or somewhere over $10.00? I'm sure they feed on bluegills and yellow perch that are also in the pond.

Of course there is also the cost of the fingerlings, labor, and utilities. I get $10.00 a pound for the bass.

lowaccord66:
Very cool.

taxid:

--- Quote from: lowaccord66 on Nov 06, 2022, 10:32 AM ---Very cool.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

It's too bad even with plenty to eat they don't grow as fast as trout. I can get a steelhead to 5 lbs. in two years while it takes 5 to 6 years to do that with a largemouth (it takes longer with wild fish). The feed trained largemouth grow uo to 2 1/2 pounds really fast and then they slow down quite a bit.

Teacherpreacher:
Really pretty fish !
Teach

fish/hunt4ever:
Really cool fish glad to see all the ones you grow amd learn the difference between the wild growth and your fish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version