FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A heads up!  (Read 2836 times)

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
A heads up!
« on: Nov 05, 2022, 05:54 AM »
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Mac Attack

Re: A heads up!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2022, 08:35 AM »
Yea, I thought they were going to get rid of this stupidity.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2022, 08:39 AM »
Next year I guess.

I was reading an article about vehicle deer accidents and over 10% of all of them happens within the first 4 weeks of the fall time change..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2022, 01:18 PM »
Next year I guess.

I was reading an article about vehicle deer accidents and over 10% of all of them happens within the first 4 weeks of the fall time change..

I think that has more to do with the rut happening then daylight savings time, but I’d be interested to hear their reported theory.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2022, 02:33 PM »
Please refer to”stupid daylight savings time” for my opinion.

After my clock making endeavors, I have 16 clocks to set.

Stupid daylight savings time. The fish don’t know what time it is. Why should I care? Takes me 2 weeks to get back on a sleep pattern.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2022, 03:37 PM »
A sleep pattern?!?

What is that?

filetandrelease

« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2022, 05:33 PM »

After I retired there are 2 times , daylight and dark 😉

Mac Attack

« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2022, 09:42 PM »
After I retired there are 2 times , daylight and dark 😉

Boom!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2022, 06:44 AM »

I think that has more to do with the rut happening then daylight savings time, but I’d be interested to hear their reported theory.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2022, 07:22 AM »
So, they feel is causes more people to be on the roads in the darker hours when deer are more active.
Keep the drivers off the road and less deer get hit.
Kinda makes sense.

I guess my next question would be who authorized the cash to do this study.

:cookoo:

Thanks Dom.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2022, 07:36 AM »
Just saying Mac.. ;D
Everything on the web is true… 8)

Mac Attack

« Reply #11 on: Nov 06, 2022, 07:45 AM »
Just  saying Mac.. ;D
Everything  on the web is true… 8)

It really does make sense.

Of course if we get rid of all the cars and trucks…………..

Happy Sunday buddy.

filetandrelease

« Reply #12 on: Nov 06, 2022, 12:45 PM »
 It most likely does prevent deer car wrecks but here is another reason
    HISTORY ECONOMY THE REAL REASON WHY DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME IS A THING
The Real Reason Why Daylight Saving Time Is a Thing

1917 poster celebrating Daylight Savings (Universal History Archive / UIG / Getty Images)
1917 poster celebrating Daylight Savings Universal History Archive / UIG / Getty Images
BY OLIVIA B. WAXMAN

UPDATED: NOVEMBER 1, 2017 11:05 AM EDT | ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: NOVEMBER 4, 2016 9:00 AM EDT
When American clocks turn back an hour at 2:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Nov. 5, that event will be just one more iteration of a practice—however unpleasant to some—to which Americans and many others around the world are well accustomed. But Daylight Saving Time wasn’t always such a routine idea.

The first Daylight Saving Time policy began in Germany on May 1, 1916, in the hopes that it would save energy during World War I, according to Michael Downing, author of Spring Forward: The Annual Madness of Daylight Saving Time. But, though Germans were first to mess with their clocks, they likely got the idea from Britain—and from someone whose ideas about Daylight Saving had little to do with conserving fuel.

Watch More
William Willett had in 1907 published The Waste of Daylight. Willett was inspired by an early-morning epiphany that “the sun shines upon the land for several hours each day while we are asleep” and yet there “remains only a brief spell of declining daylight in which to spend the short period of leisure at our disposal.” Though he did mention that it would save money to reduce the use of artificial lighting, his main purpose was the increase enjoyment of sunlight. He lobbied Parliament for such legislation until his death in 1915—not living to see the law passed in England shortly after it was in Germany. (Frankfurt’s daily newspaper Zeitung published this dig: “It is characteristic of England that she could not rouse herself to a decision.”)

Time Explains: Daylight Saving Time
0 seconds of 2 minutes, 26 seconds

Across the pond, the first U.S. law on Daylight Saving Time went into effect on March 19, 1918, for the same fuel saving reasons, about a year after the country entered the war. But again, though the official reason was fuel saving, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce was the major backer for the policy, Downing argues, because Americans getting off work while it was still light out meant they would be more likely to go out shopping in the evening.

Mac Attack

« Reply #13 on: Nov 06, 2022, 01:53 PM »
There have always been tons of reasons given.
Children waiting for the school bus in the dark, energy, etc.

My opinion, nobody wants it that I can see, so why do we continue to do it?

filetandrelease

« Reply #14 on: Nov 06, 2022, 05:03 PM »

Beats me , when I was running jobs in construction , just told the guys see you at sunrise , seemed to work for 22 + years 😉

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.