FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Good Day in Hoosick Falls  (Read 1491 times)

bogtrotter

Good Day in Hoosick Falls
« on: Nov 11, 2022, 02:51 PM »
Today was the last of the Free Fishing Days in NY for this year, so my two buddies and I made the trek to Hoosick Falls to fish the Hoosic.

The day was cloudy, slightly breezy and about 65 degrees.  Stream levels were about ideal.

We arrived at the Stony Beach around 8:45 AM and fished there till about 11:15 AM.

During that time, I landed one small (9") rainbow about 150 yards below the bridge.

Then we headed to the St. Gobain plant, where we fished from about 11:30 AM to a little before 12:45 PM.

On my very first cast, I hooked and caught a beauty (16") of a rainbow a little below the small waterfall - - which I think was my PB for NY.

About 20 minutes later, I reeled in my third and last fish of the day - - a 12" rainbow - - about  50 yards or so below that.

Next, we drove further downstream, where I made a stab at fishing below the actual Falls, but didn't have any hits.

From there, we adjourned to Brown's Brewery, and I quaffed a Brown Ale while it started raining, before we finally returned home, where I am about to take a well deserved nap.

lowaccord66

Re: Good Day in Hoosick Falls
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2022, 03:09 PM »
Sounds like a nap worthy mission!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.