FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish Pond Frenzy  (Read 1010 times)

bogtrotter

Fish Pond Frenzy
« on: Nov 26, 2022, 02:31 PM »
After running some errands and putting a couple hours in the office to "clear the decks" for Monday, I went fishing at Fish Pond (Windsor Lake) in North Adams.

It was sunny, cool (47 degrees) and breezy.

I waded and fished along the shore from the Boat Launch end to near the Camp Beach from 1:15 to a little before 3 PM.

My Flexpaste repairs to my waders were partly successful - - so that I ended up moist (particularly up to about my ankles) but not drenched.

My efforts were rewarded with four rainbows (13" to 15"), all caught along the reed-lined shore between the Town Beach and the Camp Beach.

All four rainbows fought well for their size, with lots of head shakes (so that I had to hook the last one five times before finally reeling it in) , albeit no aerial acrobatics.

I was pleasantly surprised the trout bit at all, because (a bit oddly) nothing else (e.g., sunfish, perch, crappie, bass) did, and action from their streambound counterparts in the Hoosic has been slowly declining over the last month.

lowaccord66

Re: Fish Pond Frenzy
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2022, 11:48 AM »
Productive trip Jim.  Surprised there isnt ice up there.

bogtrotter

Re: Fish Pond Frenzy
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2022, 04:26 PM »
Productive trip Jim.  Surprised there isnt ice up there.

Yeah, me too.  I was hopeful after the cold snap we had early last week, but the warmer weather and rain later in the week killed the ice cover.

I checked  one of the local ponds that is the first to ice up around here, and although there was ice on top, it wasn't enough to get out on.  Alas!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.